Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Failed Mot

johnbkr

Hi all

just back from retest, IT PASSED. Thanks for all your input, I got engine hot as recommended used plenty of wd40

and sensors came out a doddle, Bit like changing plugs in funny location. I purchased sensor socket that moderator advised, it had not arrived when i started, but because i knew the sensors were shot i just cut the wires and used a long socket. and when the socket arrived i used it to replace new ones with copper grease which came with sensors. If anyone has this sensor problem in future, dont be frightened to diy. it can save you a lot of money.

thanks everybody john

You mean it passed before you changed the sensors or after?

After i changed sensors. I was just trying to explain that you can remove them without sensor socket.

the socket did actually arrive in post just as i removed last sensor from exhaust system.

john

After i changed sensors. I was just trying to explain that you can remove them without sensor socket.

the socket did actually arrive in post just as i removed last sensor from exhaust system.

john

:thumbsup:

john

By coincidence, my RAV has been to Mr T today to have one of the oxy sensors replaced. This was the top front one.

Cost £230 :eek:

This was the second of the top two that I have had replaced. Now just waiting for the bottom ones to go. :crybaby:

Will try to do them myself next time. Just wasn't confident that they would have come out easily without damaging the threads.

ps the visual safety report recommended the drive belt be changed. Is this a DIY job - anyone done it before?

how many miles has she as our nrg had to change 2 years ago according mt t and she still drives :!Removed!:

mr anchorman can tell you all the ins and outs :thumbsup:

how many miles has she as our nrg had to change 2 years ago according mt t and she still drives :!Removed!:

mr anchorman can tell you all the ins and outs :thumbsup:

done 50800 miles. I was told about two years ago to change it but when I inspected it it didn't look too bad so carried on regardless. I believe it is changed at the 60k service?

Hi chaps, similar problem I seem to have! The sensors - are they also known as Lambda sensors? Are they all exactly the same as I have seen I can buy a Lambda sensor for about £70 for my Rav-4 but not sure if all those on the car are the same or different to each other?

HI cirrusrav. My 2002 model has 4 sensors, 2 are the same and other 2 are different. yes they are called

lambda sensors or oxygen sensors. Not sure how many your car has, but somebody here will know.

previous pages will explain where they can be purchased etc good luck

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links