Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Um... Headlight Bulbs.. Wtf?

CozmoNz

Ok,got the gf to check how to get the bulbs into her car (txted her b4 i ordered them), and she said she couldnt see a way into the back of the headlights.

is there something covering them. other than a crappy cover that ill rip off. or is there a special lock? or is my gf just blind?

from what it sounded like there were 2 covers... one was click off and the other she couldnt get off?

chances are ill find this out and solve it when we stick the new bulbs in, but if theres anything thats there, someone feel free to warn me.

cheers

Just blind I think ;)

Jk, m8. There is a black plastic cover on the 2g's headlights, and it's very flimsy, but not anything which would prevent you from being able to access the bulbs yourself.

yeh tru, ive orderd the Xenons now. 100/90 i think they are. which should be nice. white in colour... no blue for us!

Juss did mine head light bulbs recently so might share with you,

In 1st gen there is a large rubber protector covering the way to the headlight bulbs and the parker leds next to them, remove the rubber thingo and then u can unclip the head lights from its socket – I am sure the guy who sold you the bulbs will also warn you, do NOT touch the glass part of the bulbs with your hands, the oil (even in tiny amount) will stick on and create a “HOT SPOT” which will burn out your bulbs very fast (esp if you have 90~100watts), should you touch it by accident, clean it with some alcohol and let dry before pluging it back in

Xenons… are they HID ones? 90/100 should be very bright! Show us some pics when you can hehe

I got blue/white ones from Philips and work wonders, esp on signs, can see them brightly and clearly from triple what I used to be able to

:yes:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links