Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Induction Kit/strut Brace

CorollaD4D

hello all,

i've been thinking for a while now, are there any strut braces available for face lift 2.0d4d (the thingy which goes between the front suspension mountings)?

same for induction kits? i know the car is turbo charged so will an induction kit mess with the factory setup of the turbo or will induction kit with cold air feed give slighly better power/throttle response?

i'd be grateful if someone could point me in the right direction. i had a look on europerformance.co.uk but didn't have the time to sit through and check specs for each and every induction kit they had...

I believe that any strut should fit the E12 corolla model as the mounts are the same.

My T-Sport strut maybe up for Sale in July if your interested :thumbsup:

As for induction, I'm not an experts on Dervs!! But i can't see it being a problem with the turbo though.

mounting should be same but im not sure about other bits in the middle getting in the way, at the back is where the turbo lives also. hmm guess the issue of induction is one ill have to figure out myself, thats sunday morning booked up :)

on the subject of lowering - what is the different between using springs to lower my car, say 30mm, and using coilovers to drop the car. the only difference i can see is around £300 in price!

I'm not sure about the strut fitting in the dervs bay, as for the induction kit its possible to custom build one ie piping and maf need a bit of DIY then get a K+N cone and put it on the end... but you may require a spare airbox, which i wasnt able to find cause I was going to do that venture a few months ago...

... as for lowering I would recommened the springs as they make a big change in the handling on the car! :)

spare airboxes are pretty easy to come by. are there no jap breakers in your area?

Yeah, I submitted one of thoughs online forms months ago and never heard anything back :/

i guess you're/we're pioneers in this so only thing would be to risk it and try. something which i would be willing to do but unfortunately dont have the time for. personally im going to confine this project to when i have a full 2 weeks off to plan and make the part.

See I would try it right now, but as I'm trying to sell the car I don't think many people would appreciate that kind of mod :lol: but non the less it would be really cool to get it done!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links