Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Cambelt Change How Hard Is It To Do

whambham69

Hi Ive just bought a 02 corolla 2.0 d-4d its got 76k and i dont think its had a cambelt change.

I was wondering how hard it is to change the cambelt on these engines.

ive changed a cambelt, aux belt , waterpump and tensioner on a seat ibiza 1.4 petrol so am quite confident.

is there anything diffrent you have to do on a deisel engine any special tools. Does the engine have TDC marks

il prob change waterpump aux belt and tensioer at same time.

if anyone has any guides or pointer whould be helpfull..

Hi Ive just bought a 02 corolla 2.0 d-4d its got 76k and i dont think its had a cambelt change.

I was wondering how hard it is to change the cambelt on these engines.

ive changed a cambelt, aux belt , waterpump and tensioner on a seat ibiza 1.4 petrol so am quite confident.

is there anything diffrent you have to do on a deisel engine any special tools. Does the engine have TDC marks

il prob change waterpump aux belt and tensioer at same time.

if anyone has any guides or pointer whould be helpfull..

NO PERTICULAR SST'S REQ IF THE WATER PUMP ISNT LEAKING I WOULNT CHANGE IT MAKE SURE YOU PUT A SERVICE BOLT IN THE FUEL PUMP TO LOCK IT STILL BEFORE REMOVING THE CAMBELT, WILL PROBABLY REQ CRANKSHAFT PULLY PULLER MAKE SURE THE CRANKSHAFT SLIPPER RING GOES AROUND THE RIGHT WAY OR YOU WILL STRIP THE BELT,AND WHEN REFITTING ENGINE MOUNT PLATE ALIGN ALL HOLES BEFORE TIGHTENING UP I TEMP FITT THE TWO FRONT ONES TO MAKE SURE ITS IN LINE,TIMING MARK ON CRANK GEAR DRIVE AND NOTCH NORMALLY DOT ON ENGINE CASE FACING TOP, FUEL PUMP LINES UP (PULLY MARK LINE)ON TO WATER PUMP CASE AND CAMSHAFT PULLY MARK LINES UP WHERE ROCKER COVER MEET HEAD,---NOTE-- DON NOT COMPRESS TENSIONER TO QUICKLY OR YOU WILL BLOW THE SEAL ANY SIGNS OF LEAKAGE REPLACE(NOT NORMALLY REQ THO)GOOD LUCK ALLOW YOUR SELF 3.5 HOURS ON THE FLOOR HOPE THIS HELPS :blink:

never done diy so dont know about specifics however water pump change is unnecessary unless faulty its rare for corolla water pumps to fail. on the vags (e.g. the diy youve already done) the water pump change along with cambelt is recommended to save labour costs and probably cos they fail more readily on the vags

echoing what corollad4d said,

would leave the water pump as is. Get a suitably sized drill bit for locking the injection pump, thats about it.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links