Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

03 T-Sport Radio/vents

Dewy

Hey guys, iv had my t-sport for a month or so now, and already iv noticed the radio and middle vents coming away from the dash on the left side, i see this is a VERY common problem, was wondering if this is a easy fix? is it jsut a case of removing the radio and vents and trying to pin it back under the dash?

and i notice the radio has no obvios radio key holes or slots, what kind of key does the radio come out with?

thanks in advance, Alex :)

Do a search fella, there is a guide on how to remove the dash to get at the screws that hold the stereo in. This is Toyota bro, Jap don't do easy lol!!!

With regards to the gap theres nothing that can be done. Just need to live with it like we all do, you hardly notice :thumbsup:

If you have a pre-facelift version car, then it's a common problem.

Once you remove the H/U from when it came out of the factory, refitting back will cause this gap.

I've heard you can over come this, by gently heating the dashboard and pushing the trim back in, but not something i've tried myself.

Hope this helps

Bing

:thumbsup:

well i thought about heating it up a bit, but the thought of taking a heat gun to my dash was a bit scary so i passed lol, fair enough il just have to live with it lol thought was at least worth a try to see if it could be fixed :) so thanks for the replies guys

whilst im here (saves posting another topic) does the standard H/U have an aux port ect in the back? or is it a basic setup

It doesnt have an AUX adapter as standard, but on my old Corolla I did have one fitted to the standard H/U although I didn't have a clue how this was done! I now have a DAB radio with AUX and everything else I need :)

whilst im here (saves posting another topic) does the standard H/U have an aux port ect in the back? or is it a basic setup

If your current H/U looks like this, then here's a few pics

med_gallery_1491_689_64706.jpg

med_gallery_1491_689_71363.jpg

unfortunately the standard audio kit in the corolla is terrible. best bet is to go for an aftermarket head unit and as always i will only recommend alpine. you dont necessarily have to get a double din screen, i have a single din cde-9880r fitted with a fascia kit and it looks fine and the pocket beneath the head unit is handy.

my vent/head unit block is also sticking out from the passenger side.

lol @ the heat gun idea. i was thinking wouldn't a gentle heat from a hair dryer do the trick?

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links