Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Toyota Aproved Used Cars

Sally the celica

On Saturday 19th June I visited a Toyota dealer to view a 56 plate Toyota Celica GT that I had placed a deposit on in the belief that it would be of a quality that would be in accordance with a Toyota Approved Used Vehicle. I had also received assurances that the car was in good condition.

Here are the faults that I noticed with the bodywork and interior of the car:

Every panel was scratched, even the roof and petrol cap

The bonnet dented

Damage to the rear drivers side wheel arch

Steering wheel torn

Steering wheel surround cracked

Rear seats punctured

Driver side door panel scratched

Driver side sill strip scratched

Wrong front tyres, the car drove very badly

The sunroof was missing

The car also had the wrong front tyres and there was no feeling from the steering. The car had not even been cleaned.

In addition to this the dealership appear to now not be prepared to honour the terms and conditions of the Toyota Approved used vehicle scheme in that they will not undertake any repairs.

I travelled 160 miles and wasted 6 hours looking at an appalling vehicle. I would challenge anyone to find a worse car. I would be grateful for any advice on what I can expect of a Toyota used vehicle.

I drive a 2004 Celica and it looks and drives like new. .

This car was a disgrace or am I expecting to much. I have pent two hours tonight looking at other cars of varying mileage and age and can find nothing so poor

Here is a poorer car:

saturday2010012.jpg

:P

That is unacceptable, however you will often find that this is not directly a Toyota related manner, if you get my meaning, it will be that specific dealer/manager.

I advise you to read the T&C's again, learn them/at least the relevant parts and then go and get your money back or ask them to sort it out for you.

Be more forceful and assertive with them, if they still refuse then compose a letter with your thoughts and feelings all set out clearly, and send it off to Toyotas UK Head Office.

Don't give up on Toyotas, they're not all bad.

And you've not made this clear, did you buy the car after viewing it in such appalling condition?

Why didn't you phone ahead? If you ask them what condition it's in and request that they specify what the damage is then you don't need to waste your time. And if they lie, then they have tried to sell a different product to you.

Hop this helps, and that you get it sorted soon. :yes:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links