Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Scratches On Back Of Rear Seats

callisr

We carry a pushchair in the boot of our Aygo and despite our care, the metal back of the seats are getting scratched. I know some people would not bother but I have never had a new car before and I want to keep it as immaculate as possible. Has anyone got any ideas about what I could use to protect the back of the seat and also the interior boot lip from scratches?

Cheers,

Rich

only thing i can think of which isnt going to look bad is to get some car carpet as close as a match to yours and stick it on, i know of people that have done the bot lip just not the back seats:) if done well i think it wud look smart! hope this helps

I agree with aygokid.

Even with the seats down it'll look fine.

And with the seats up noone sees the boot anyway.

I used a spray can of Black Hammerite on mine before I filled the boot with my junk, the paint is as tough as old boots thumbsup.gif

There's some new scratch remover from JML if you want to get rid of the scratches until you stick some carpet on. It's about £9.99, looks very good. I've bought some, haven't tried it yet on the car though. I've heard good reviews on it too, and it does most surfaces. I'm going to clean the car next week, so I'll use it then. But I think go with the carpet idea, sounds best :)

Carpet sounds good, hard wearing stuff with felt back - cheap from carpetright or allied or whatever your local outlet is... offcuts or end of rolls would be good - you may even be able to match your current carpet colour or if you fancy it a contrast!

If you want an easy solution, you could get some black vinyl self adhesive sheet and stick to the back of the seats. If done carefully, it will look tidy and should resist any light scratching.

Hmmm food for thought.

I had thought about vinyl but wondered about the durability of it. Looks like carpet is the way to go!

Thanks for the replies!

Rich

We carry a pushchair in the boot of our Aygo and despite our care, the metal back of the seats are getting scratched. I know some people would not bother but I have never had a new car before and I want to keep it as immaculate as possible. Has anyone got any ideas about what I could use to protect the back of the seat and also the interior boot lip from scratches?

Cheers,

Rich

This might help with regards to the boot lip - http://www.rearguards.co.uk/vehicleapplications.html just select 'Toyota' and 'Aygo' from the drop-down menus.

:)

I don't know if they exist or not, but if you could get a vinyl cover for the pushchair that could you could slip on/off easy, then this would protect all parts of the boot and you wouldn't have to worry about fitting anything to the back of the rear seats.

There's some new scratch remover from JML if you want to get rid of the scratches until you stick some carpet on. It's about £9.99, looks very good. I've bought some, haven't tried it yet on the car though. I've heard good reviews on it too, and it does most surfaces. I'm going to clean the car next week, so I'll use it then. But I think go with the carpet idea, sounds best :)

Meh... I've just tried the JML scratch remover stuff (you might've seen the adverts on the telly), and it's rubbish. Doesn't do anything at all, and I didn't even try it on a deep scratch! Maybe it's because my car is black, but it says it works with 'any colour'. :-(

You can gets lots of things to stick on like:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Sound-Proof-Insulation-Sheet-Car-Van-Bonnet-Boot-Floor-/250625302718?cmd=ViewItem&pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item3a5a6ea0be

Its like carp[et, and will just stick on your metal backs of the seats and macth the boot carpet.

Bought some, and came next day. I managed to cust some templates out, and fitted to the boot of my car.

Only thing though. The colour is grey,and is NOT black. Its very sticky, but it`ll stop scratches being made on my back seats. Also when I hit the metal work, its not a tinny sound, but more muffled. It definitely helps with the sound insulation. :thumbsup:

i have a boot organiser in the back of my car, nothing goes near the back of my seats, but got to sort out the boot, as work stuff has moved into the boot lol :lol:

I would have said thick clear vinyl, the stuff you can get for laminate floors for rolling chairs, but the carpet idea sounds good with regards to sound insulation.

I used a spray can of Black Hammerite on mine before I filled the boot with my junk, the paint is as tough as old boots thumbsup.gif

X2 Hammerite is seriously good stuff for hard wearing applications. ;)

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links