Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Corolla Tsport

limbodan

I have a T Sport Corolla withjust 52k on the clock,a 04 model and i purchased this in Romford,Toyota in 2007.

In 2008 the engine literally blew up with no warning at all - apparently no oil was in the engine although the week before the oil was on the max on the dipstick. This cost 5k to refurbish the engine and Toyota coughed up half.

I moved to Ireland in 2008 and took the T Sport with me (big mistake!!). The car was fine for 12 months and then......you guessed it the engine blew again,no warning and the oil was fine a few days earlier.

Engine was rebuilt and i got the car back 7 months later!! at a cost of almost 2k this time.

After driving for about 20 miles the engine warning light came on, along with the TRC and VSC. Took it back to the garage,said they could not fix it, took it to Toyota and they said it just needed resetting.All done - fine, not!!

A few miles later all lights came back on, although no loss of power. Toyota said a cog from the timing gear was out but they would not fix it as they did not put the engine back in.

Took it to another garage and they fixed the 2 cogs, and fine until 30 miles later first the VSC and TRC lights and then the engine malfunction light came on. Driving it ok but a bit sluggish, disconnected the Battery and reconnected which was okay for about 10 miles then all 3 lights back on.

Toyota won't touch it because they did not put the engine back (they were too expensive), and i can't find another garage to resolve the problem.

I am at my wits end, regret ever buying a toyota and will never buy one again, and i have also talked family and friends out of buying one.

When i called Toyota HQ in the UK they basically told me where to go, very rudely.

Any suggestions on what to do? Petrol bomb the car? Petrol bomb Toyota? (only kidding),drive the car into the ground and i am reluctant to spend any more money trying to fix it. I am also thinking about going to the press, because this would give them a good story!

Is this a design fault? Am i going mad? Am i cursed!

WAs thinking of taking legal action against Toyota as well.

Any thoughts?

Can you get any engine codes at all,the vsc and abs is on because the engine ecu isnt happy-fail safe

Where and how do i get the codes?

Can you get any engine codes at all,the vsc and abs is on because the engine ecu isnt happy-fail safe

That is terrible, Until now never have i heard of a 2zz-ge engine failing like that. As a standard motor they are bullet proof.

Have you found out how you are loosing oil? On the occasions this happened i think first time the car ran extremely low on oil, The other two times it was not rebuilt up properly that is why there is a re occurring problem.

Check to see near you speedometer if you have an engine light and the TRC & VSC light on, If they are you need to have the code checked up. You can use a OBD2 scanner or have a local garage pull the code.

This will allocate where the problem may lie. Failing all there is a problem with the engine/ecu causing engine failure it may be hard to locate. Have you spoken to the garage that fitted the engine?

Seems a bit harsh to say you will not buy another toyota and talked other people out of buying them as well just because you have had one car go wrong on you.

They are usually very reliable cars and there are a lot worse on the roads.

Thanks all i will get the codes checked to see what can be done, and i will never ever buy another toyota. To say this has been traumatic is an under statement.The car has been off the road more than it has been on!!

Failing all i will scrap it.

Seems a bit harsh to say you will not buy another toyota and talked other people out of buying them as well just because you have had one car go wrong on you.

They are usually very reliable cars and there are a lot worse on the roads.

Sorry to hear about your problems, but it does sound like a one off, I agree with Farhan it sounds like it was not rebuilt correctly.Sounds like you will be moving brand, fair enough, just stay away from them Renaults if you want a chance of stress free reliable motoring! Hate them with a passion, hard shoulder is full of em on every motorway :lol:

That's not right and I can say you have picked up the only duff 2ZZ-GE in the known universe!

Don't write off the brand, and as said before, stay away from Renault!!!!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links