Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Shopping List

Ryan...

Hi :)

Bought a Toyota Paseo (N Reg 1996) Si Model. Insured and Taxed it today then went a filled it up. Its leaking from the seams :(

Therefore i need a new fuel tank or very good condition second hand one.

Parts Needed:

1) Toyota Paseo Fuel Tank

2) Toyota Paseo Fuel Filler Pipe

3) Toyota Corolla Turbine Manifold

Ryan

P.S From Chesterfield (S44 Postcode) Junction 29a (M1) so if not too far i'll pick up otherwise postage will be needed.

Hi bud, PM Parts King and he will sort you out for the parts you need, you also get a members discount. :D

Cheers mate will keep that in mind. Have had a word with the legal team at work and they have advised to get it done free through the Sales Of Goods Act 1979 as i only purchased it sunday with 12 months mot, the fuel was going onto the exhuaust! lucky im still here!. Obviously there was little petrol in so it passed the mot as it was not leaking but due to the fact its not fit for purpose and highly dangerous they have 14 days to sort it ors i can pursue it further! :) It has been undersealed to hide it....the only part of the car that was undersealed!

Rang toyota up and they wanted £198 + VAT for the tank and £68+ VAT for the fuel filler pipe.

a few pics:

5bxtw4.jpg

14czcc4.jpg

33xfoed.jpg

149a81e.jpg

Where did you buy it from? If it was a private seller you have no comeback as it is sold as seen.

If from a garage you may have a small come back but they could claim it was never them

Good luck with your battle!

No problem mate, that isn't such a bad price considering it is for Toyota genuine parts... :yes:

I have had much much worse. ;)

from a proper company.

and either way they have no choice as its not fit for the purpose they sold it which gives me the choice of have the repair it or refund the money and since i love the car i want it repairing!

This is what the legal team at work (work for the goverment) and Trading Standards have told me. I have VOSA coming to the house tomorrow to have their say, basically to confirm thats it illegal and dangerous to help my case along.

If they do not fix it and i go up in flames because the vehicles is not fit for purpose it goes down as manslaughter! Serious outcomes for a little problem.

Good luck with it mate, I have had my fair share of legal problems! :lol:

If they do not fix it and i go up in flames because the vehicles is not fit for purpose it goes down as manslaughter! Serious outcomes for a little problem.

Not Quite!

Now that you have discovered that the vehicle is dangerous..............the onus to get it repaired before you use it falls to YOU!

Your recourse in law with the seller is only to get the vehicle repaired to a roadworthy standard by them

The decision to use it prior to repair is entirely in your hands............As you are aware of the condition..........manslaughter would not apply!

maybe i worded that wrong... i ment that if i did not find the problem and still drove it, then it would be manslaughter for selling the vehicle to me in a condition that is not fit for purpose. That would have been the serious outcome for a little problem.

maybe i worded that wrong... i ment that if i did not find the problem and still drove it, then it would be manslaughter for selling the vehicle to me in a condition that is not fit for purpose. That would have been the serious outcome for a little problem.

Of course!

But now that you know that there is a problem with the car.............you will not drive it untill it has been fixed :thumbsup:

Good luck with persuading the seller that he must pay to fix it! :)

haha cheers, do not think i will need much luck as i have trading standards, the legal team at work and after VOSA have been probably them on my team :)

time to rip them a new hole haha

Hi Ryan

Not sure if your still looking for parts but this looks intresting if you can transport it. (Not too far to travel & nice body kit & sussy aswell) B)

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/TOYOTA-PASEO-STARLET-RUNNER-SPARES-FULL-MOT-/170512001778?cmd=ViewItem&pt=Automobiles_UK&hash=item27b34eaaf2

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links