Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Thinking Of My Buying My 1St Corolla

SAM LOVERS HER TOYOTAS

I think someone did manage to do that headlight thing recently and paint the insides black, think it was taf786 or tsport786 with the black corolla. he had a whole thread on his car so would be best person to ask

Nah I think it was someone else and they were a custom job. Got ruined when the car was written off...

still.... id love to get it done. the lights are nice as they are, just could do with being more subtle :rolleyes:

here ya go...http://www.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=111731&st=15

it was tsport 786 who done them recently, KPARRIS if im correct i think your talking about blingers with the aussie sportivo

wow I totally stand corrected about the lights. I'm trying this ASAP. Tomorrow if I can...

:offtopic: Get back to the point this thread is about.

As far as I can tell he is actually getting some decent consumer advice. It's better to get as much information about the car as you can before you buy. :yes:

As far as I can tell he is actually getting some decent consumer advice. It's better to get as much information about the car as you can before you buy. :yes:

You obviously havn't paid much attention to the post or topic then have you seeing as it is by a woman :lol:

And she is asking if the cars are reliable and if it is a fair price for what she has been looking at.

Not how to colour your front lights!

Well, you have me there.

Still, it's all useful stuff for the future, I like to plan for every eventuality... :P :lol:

And colouring front lights is very important! What if you need stealth in the Jurassic park? You'd be very glad to have someone who knows how to tint your lights in DPM. :D

For £6.5k and only doing low mileage to work i'd plump for a CTS... much better trim level, performance and will be cheaper to run than your current Avensis... unless until you become a Lift Addict laugh.gif

thumbsup.gif

I have a 1.6 SR and it is a lovely looking little car with the spoiler, tints and t-sport alloys. Looks the dogs danglies to me and I plan on having it for a good few years. Have never had any problems with it (only had it 4 months mind) and it only has 14000 on the clock. Briolliant little car that I wouldnt trade for anything.

Well, maybe. Wouldnt mind a T-sport.

Thanks mate...you've made me think...coz i too absolutely love the SR corollas...but how much more economical does anyone think a 1.4 T3 is to a 1.6 SR corolla????

Also if you dont mind me asking...how much did you pay for your SR? Just to give me an idea of how much more im looking at! Regards...Sammy

For £6.5k and only doing low mileage to work i'd plump for a CTS... much better trim level, performance and will be cheaper to run than your current Avensis... unless until you become a Lift Addict laugh.gif

thumbsup.gif

Hi...tell me...what is a CTS ??? And what is a LIFT ADDICT ???

Thanks for all the advice guys...i've learnt more on modding than the car itself lol!

One thing i will say is that i don't believe in tinting the front headlights...it looks well nice when done but i think about the legal/safety aspects more so...instead i would rather add eye brows sprayed to the same colour of the car...And for the rear lights i would smoke em very lightly! Just thought id mention that...since its about BOYS AND THERE TOYS lol!

fantastic advice... . .. i didnt see her complain. oh wait im sure that off topic emoticon will pop up. so the uk lights can be taken apart? :yahoo:

thumbsup.gif

Hi...tell me...what is a CTS ??? And what is a LIFT ADDICT ???

Thanks for all the advice guys...i've learnt more on modding than the car itself lol!

One thing i will say is that i don't believe in tinting the front headlights...it looks well nice when done but i think about the legal/safety aspects more so...instead i would rather add eye brows sprayed to the same colour of the car...And for the rear lights i would smoke em very lightly! Just thought id mention that...since its about BOYS AND THERE TOYS lol!

They are talking about a Corolla T Sport (1.8) Twincam 2ZZGE engine, does about 28-32mpg around town. Can do about 37 - 38mpg on the motorway, i know some people say more but I dont believe them lol, I've owned 2 now. Comes with Climate control, Traction Control, aircon, full bodykit as standard on and 04 (November) through to the 06 models.

Lift addicts are people found with a big grin on their faces between 6200rpm and 8250rpm on a corolla t sport.

I bet you anything the T Sport is cheaper than the 1.6 SR on autotrader, but I reckon you could coax a little more MPG out of the SR (35mpg??). The 1.4 probably gets slightly better, they both have different engines / gearboxes to the T Sport. The 2.0ltr diseal SR's are economical but mmm quite expensive, the 1.4 d4d's are very very economical but its a large car for such a small engine.

The SR comes with a decent trim level, similar to the T Sport - except the front bumper is different. Its probably more drivable around town etc as the T sport clutch and gear changes are quite heavy.

Dont the T Spirit model corrollas have a better spec of kit that the T3s?

Like he said the SR tends to be quite expensive, but you can find some good deals. I originally paid (from an original toyota dealer) £6,700 with insurance, a years MOT and Tax, with a 3 year service and MOT plan with 10,000 ish miles on the clock. Basically brand new. It's perfect for me really.

I'm only 18, it's deffinately pokey enough for most peoples needs, and when driven properly you can easily get 30-35 or even 40 MPG on the motorway, and around town im averaging between 27-31 MPG. The inside is lovely, sporty, but comfortable. The seats are excellent on long journeys, the driving position is very comfortable and the ride is very good. Comfortable around town and on the motorway, btu not scared of dipping into a corner at a bit of speed. The boot is easily big enough for my dog (black lab) and the rear seats are more spacious than many of the corollas rivals.

All in all, if you can get a good deal on one, then go for it. Highly recommended. Here is a couple of pics of mine, bog standard and unmodified. As you can see they are lovely looking little cars even without the lariness of these other lads 'Rollas. :lol:

dscf1442or.jpg

dscf1443t.jpg

dscf1446x.jpg

Spent SO long looking for a pic of the rear of an SR. I'm tempted, but they tend to cost more than the T3s or are at least a bit rarer. I'm probs gna get a T3 or what ever I can find and get the spoiler/splitter etc afterwards.

[Edit]

As for trim specs, this gives you a little table for T2/3, SR, Spirit blah blah blah...

http://www.parkers.co.uk/cars/reviews/toyota/corolla-hatchback-2002.aspx?page=7

Edited by Kinamod

You'll be paying ££££££ to get the Toyota parts bud... I'd get an SR from the start if I were you.

Like he said the SR tends to be quite expensive, but you can find some good deals. I originally paid (from an original toyota dealer) £6,700 with insurance, a years MOT and Tax, with a 3 year service and MOT plan with 10,000 ish miles on the clock. Basically brand new. It's perfect for me really.

I'm only 18, it's deffinately pokey enough for most peoples needs, and when driven properly you can easily get 30-35 or even 40 MPG on the motorway, and around town im averaging between 27-31 MPG. The inside is lovely, sporty, but comfortable. The seats are excellent on long journeys, the driving position is very comfortable and the ride is very good. Comfortable around town and on the motorway, btu not scared of dipping into a corner at a bit of speed. The boot is easily big enough for my dog (black lab) and the rear seats are more spacious than many of the corollas rivals.

All in all, if you can get a good deal on one, then go for it. Highly recommended. Here is a couple of pics of mine, bog standard and unmodified. As you can see they are lovely looking little cars even without the lariness of these other lads 'Rollas. :lol:

dscf1442or.jpg

dscf1443t.jpg

dscf1446x.jpg

Hi...£6700 + all those extras...gosh i'd buy that deal today! You got a bloddy good deal matey! The guys are right...Sr's are way more expensive than the T Sport...And kinda rarer to find...i do like th eimage of a T sport but would never go for one...love the red seats and stitching around the steering wheel and gear knob though! I also agree it aint worth buying a T3 and then trying to do it up like an SR...it will never look the same for some reason...so im kinda decided...the 1.6SR is the way for me...and if i get a deal like you...i'll cherish it and keep it for many many years to come...yours is a beauty...hold on to it and keep it simple...thing is i get bored of a car after say 2 years...but with an SR i think i'll be okay for some time!

Hi...£6700 + all those extras...gosh i'd buy that deal today! You got a bloddy good deal matey! The guys are right...Sr's are way more expensive than the T Sport...And kinda rarer to find...i do like th eimage of a T sport but would never go for one...love the red seats and stitching around the steering wheel and gear knob though! I also agree it aint worth buying a T3 and then trying to do it up like an SR...it will never look the same for some reason...so im kinda decided...the 1.6SR is the way for me...and if i get a deal like you...i'll cherish it and keep it for many many years to come...yours is a beauty...hold on to it and keep it simple...thing is i get bored of a car after say 2 years...but with an SR i think i'll be okay for some time!

Glad I could help. :) :thumbsup:

I'd love to get the SR from bumper on a CTS, it looks way better smoothed IMO. :yes:

I'm only 18, it's deffinately pokey enough for most peoples needs, and when driven properly you can easily get 30-35 or even 40 MPG on the motorway, and around town im averaging between 27-31 MPG.

I get the same mpg results out of my CTS.... blink.gifwacko.gif

Last average round town was 30mpg and i've had 41mpg on a trip to London not so long back!

laugh.gif

I'm only 18, it's deffinately pokey enough for most peoples needs, and when driven properly you can easily get 30-35 or even 40 MPG on the motorway, and around town im averaging between 27-31 MPG.

Last average round town was 30mpg and i've had 41mpg on a trip to London not so long back!

laugh.gif

The Trip-Computer tells us that we're getting 38MPG but when we work it out we get roughly 30-34MPG doing the normal daily commute.

The CTS seems to be as good as, dare I say it, the desiesels. :o

;)

You know what the right choice is...

laugh.gif

The Trip-Computer tells us that we're getting 38MPG but when we work it out we get roughly 30-34MPG doing the normal daily commute.

The CTS seems to be as good as, dare I say it, the desiesels ohmy.gif

wink.gif

You know what the right choice is...

Results for desiesels.

desiesels. was not found

Did you spell it correctly? Here are some alternatives:

diesel

Whoops biggrin.gif

Say it to yourself, it was in fact a slight poke at diesel engine which as far as I know was originally started by Gaz. ;) :P

:thumbsup:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links