Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Steering Wheel Doesn't Lock?

ses6jwg

Hi all, on all my previous cars when the key is pulled out of the ignition you would pull the wheel sideways slightly and it locked, however my 2005 corolla t sport does not do this?

Is this normal? What does everyone elses do?

Have you tried locking the steering wheel in different positions?Can you turn the wheel a full ciircle and it still doesn't lock?Not all cars lock at the same position in my experience.If it still doesn't lock,I would guess the lock mechanism is faulty :(

Lol cheers mate popped out to test it and it doesnt lock until a full 270 degrees in either direction - on both other cars it just needed a 45 degree turn in either direction to lock, but at least it works. cheers pal

Mines exactly the same on my 06 comp mate! Bit worrying but it is there eventually!

My 03 T-Sport locks with a 30-50 degree turn which is very annoying when i am trying to push the car down the fire-up lane at pod ;)

Lol cheers mate popped out to test it and it doesnt lock until a full 270 degrees in either direction - on both other cars it just needed a 45 degree turn in either direction to lock, but at least it works. cheers pal

No problem :thumbsup:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links