Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Alloy Wheels

CorollaD4D

hello all. i've attached pictures of some alloys I'd like to put on my corolla. please help me decide which ones to go for since i can't decide. please keep in mind the car will be dropped 30mm on Eibach pro kit springs and the car does not have any of the side skirts/rear skirts/spoiler which many/most of your cars will have.

all the wheels are 17" and will come wrapped in 215/40R17 tyres.

any help/advice is much appreciated...

post-84341-12785182354_thumb.jpg

post-84341-127851824466_thumb.jpg

post-84341-127851825038_thumb.jpg

Being honest I don't think I would go for those on a Corolla, prefer Rota, Ultralite, etc. Having said that I think either the Finichi's or the BBS's.

in an ideal world i'd go for rota boost or rota grid too but factoring in price and my budget etc those are the choices i've come up with that's all. i don't want to buy used either so i'm left with no choice. last time i looked rota grid or boost were around £800 with tyres i think?

these wheels come with tyres and locking nuts and 'spigot rings' (whatever that is) and the full works, they are literally ready to bolt on the car.

I'd go for the finichi's then ;)

Yep, Finichis get my vote, I've always loved them! :drool:

Especially Firenze. :D

Fair play with cost can understand wanting new wheels - I'd agree and go for the Finichi. Spiggot rings are usually plastic rings that allow a tight fit on the hub :thumbsup:

excellent, nice to seen a definate vote for the finichi's, i was expecting some 'whichever you prefer' replies :P

can i just ask - are you guys saying finichi due to the name or do you think they'll look good on a corolla too? i mean i don't want too much of a "bling bling" shiny/chrome look if you know what i mean...i prefer the understated yet modified look.

the finichi's are 4x100 ET42 what does that mean?

I reckon out of them 3 it would be the Finichis, I had a set of BBS's on my Merc but they just don't say Corolla or Toyota to me,they "look" heavy :wacko: , the dezents are a little better looking but the Finichis stand out IMHO. :thumbsup:

4x100 is the pcd, so u have got 4 bolts, and the diameter of the circle through these bolts is 100mm, this makes 4x100 ;)

ET 42 is the offset.

Standard wheels have got ET 45.

For corolla it's the best to stay between ET 45 and 35 (less ET means the wheel will come out wider, value in milimeters).

So, their ET is 42, 3mm less then 45, so they will come out 3mm wider then your stock wheels.

Perfect though ;)

Grtz

excellent, nice to seen a definate vote for the finichi's, i was expecting some 'whichever you prefer' replies :P

can i just ask - are you guys saying finichi due to the name or do you think they'll look good on a corolla too? i mean i don't want too much of a "bling bling" shiny/chrome look if you know what i mean...i prefer the understated yet modified look.

the finichi's are 4x100 ET42 what does that mean?

I'm saying go for the Finichis because someone else here has/had them and they looked the muts, and also because they are gorgeous wheels. Brands don't do much for me, I prefer to have something that does the job well, rather than having something that supposedly does so. ;)

thanks for the explanation. hopefully i'll be ordering the finichis soon! :D

finichi looks small, bbs trivial, dezent is the best choise, maybe you can find'em painted in black with polished face

what do you mean by small? all 3 wheels are 17". And yes you can get the dezent in black with red lip.

thick lip with short spokes looks smaller then it is (like 16"), narrow lip with long spokes looks like 18; BTW dezents in black with red lip i think are lookin' great !

oh yes sorry i'm with you now. well to be honest i posted the bbs just to be cheeky it's between the finichi and the dezent. thing is in my area a few cars have the dezent wheel or similar multi spoke wheel i wanted something different.

finichi is abit common, i like the bbs and dezent, they are more alike the golf gti 30 edition alloys, looks brilliant. if the bbs and dezent go right,ur car will looks super. go for it :toast:

• 3 weeks later...

One thing to note is the Dezents only weigh 7.3 kilos each which is pretty good if you're after lightweight wheels. Rota Boosts for instance are 7.7 kilos each.

that's good news, i hadnt realised how light they were. seriously considering the dezent wheels now...

that's good news, i hadnt realised how light they were. seriously considering the dezent wheels now...

I have the Dezent Motion alloys on my car, if you have a look in my gallery i have a couple of (not very good ) photo's with them on the car.

I like them, thnk they are quite undestated :thumbsup:

they look very good on your car mate! how much did you lower your car by? on the back especially i think i can afford to lower my car slightly more since there is still quite a bit of room left in there no?

they look very good on your car mate! how much did you lower your car by? on the back especially i think i can afford to lower my car slightly more since there is still quite a bit of room left in there no?

My car is only lowered 35mm so plenty of room left and they are only 17inch wheels. I used the lowering springs from fensport, found them very good however at some point i do want to get a set of adjustable coilovers so can set rideheight myself. Here is a link where i bought the wheels from originally.

http://www.alloywheels.com/?gclid=CNnbnovC958CFQ1f4wod9V_7Yg

you will have to copy an paste into your browser.

Don't mind what im going to say since your car looks very nice however for me personally the back could do with a greater drop? ive seen some springs on europerformace which lower the front by 35mm and the back by 40mm which i might consider since i think for me a 35mm all round drop is not sufficient. what dya think?

I would and I have gone with the OZ Ultraleggera but if you want my take on your picks, the dezent motion is the way to go.

hello all. i've attached pictures of some alloys I'd like to put on my corolla. please help me decide which ones to go for since i can't decide. please keep in mind the car will be dropped 30mm on eibach pro kit springs and the car does not have any of the side skirts/rear skirts/spoiler which many/most of your cars will have.

I would and I have gone with the OZ Ultraleggera but if you want my take on your picks, the dezent motion is the way to go.

hello all. i've attached pictures of some alloys I'd like to put on my corolla. please help me decide which ones to go for since i can't decide. please keep in mind the car will be dropped 30mm on eibach pro kit springs and the car does not have any of the side skirts/rear skirts/spoiler which many/most of your cars will have.

would have loved to go for the OZ however theyre way out of my budget. the cheapest ive seen a set of 4 brand new with tyres is £1000! i am looking at a budget in the range of £5-600 for 4 brand new wheels with 215/40/R17 or 215/45R17 tyres also.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links