Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Corolla And Eibach Pro Kit

Bong Water

Hi

Could anybody post pics of a Corolla T-Sport (pre facelift only please) On Eibach springs please? Preferably with standard wheels.

Also.

Are there any problems with fitting these springs to the standard shocks on a pre?

Are the shocks not very strong and likely to burst?

Does it throw the Toe and/or camber out as so much that the car chews tyres?

Really looking for factual information from people that have done this and no guess work please, I am trying to decide if I want one of these as they are so cheap now or put a bit more toward another car which would mean borrowing money which I dont really want to do but on the flip side i'm not sure I want to modify a car anymore so its important I get this right

Thanks

It's silly to put anything over 40mm springs on a car without uprating the shocks because you are demanding that they do the same work in a much shorter distance.

We went for Tein Basic coilovers which lowered it by about 35mm I think, and they're perfect and aren't as expensive as fully adjustable coilovers.

no problem fitting these to standard shocks ive done 23,000 miles and there still fine .no you dont need to get the wheels aligned .there a great mod glad i put them on car looks and drives much better.

post-73376-127859441658_thumb.jpg

no problem fitting these to standard shocks ive done 23,000 miles and there still fine .no you dont need to get the wheels aligned .there a great mod glad i put them on car looks and drives much better.

This what i'm after

So you are using Eibach pro kit springs on standard shock for 23000 miles, no alignment done and tyres are not scrubbing?

If so i'm surprised but chuffed at the same time, standard shocks must be very strong

Any more pics please?

Thats awesome man really appreciate the info and the pics, i'm still a bit surprised it doesnt wear tyres unevenly to be honest!

Sits nice too, not too low, not too high, good stuff.

Whats it handle like?

I see you have Typhoon too, is it really loud or just nice?

Oh believe me the Typhoon is loud... ooh Lift with the Typhoon :drool: !!! :yes:

no worries glad to be of assistance . it handles much better than standard.like you say its just the right height .never any problems with speedbumps etc.add a whiteline rear ARB for even better handling.the typhoon sounds slighty deeper than the usual engine sound when not in lift, when in lift it is quite loud and the sound is very pleasant.throttle response is improved and the car is easier to keep in lift.i highly recomend you get one.

Winner winner chicken dinner thanks again

I'd really like one in black too so that helps a lot

Just need to sell my Civic now, theres so many T-Sports for sale I bet you when I have the money there are none for sale :(

I'll hunt down some pics of mine when I get home. I've got a black pre-facelift CTS also running Eibach pros on the standard shocks. They have been on for about 3 years now which is roughly 30k miles on mine. Not had any issues at all - no abnormally fast or uneven tyre wear, no scrubbing etc. Ride comfort hardly changed but it felt much more planted on the ground after the springs went on. I have switched between the stock 16s and some multi-spoke 18s and I'm now back to the stock 16s again

If you get a pfl model, I'd also suggest you get hold of a front strut brace too. I have a solid cusco one fitted and it works an absolute treat!

As for the Typhoon, I'd say it is definitely louder under gentle driving conditions, but not obtrusively so - it is just a lot deeper. Under hard acceleration and in lift though it makes a brilliant sound which is very addictive biggrin.gif

I'll hunt down some pics of mine when I get home. I've got a black pre-facelift CTS also running eibach pros on the standard shocks. They have been on for about 3 years now which is roughly 30k miles on mine. Not had any issues at all - no abnormally fast or uneven tyre wear, no scrubbing etc. Ride comfort hardly changed but it felt much more planted on the ground after the springs went on. I have switched between the stock 16s and some multi-spoke 18s and I'm now back to the stock 16s again

If you get a pfl model, I'd also suggest you get hold of a front strut brace too. I have a solid cusco one fitted and it works an absolute treat!

As for the Typhoon, I'd say it is definitely louder under gentle driving conditions, but not obtrusively so - it is just a lot deeper. Under hard acceleration and in lift though it makes a brilliant sound which is very addictive biggrin.gif

Thanks for the info, so pleased to hear no abnormal tyre wear is to be experianced.

Look forward to pics please, thanks.

Here are some pics of my car on the eibachs (sorry I can't find any with the stock wheels and the whole car, but I'll take a couple at the weekend when I am cleaning it up smile.gif )....

stockwheel.JPG

rollanew_01.jpg

This is a good comparison between standard and Eibach springs:

mk03.jpg

Nice one looks good, blue's another colour I wouldnt mind after black.

Are you experiancing the same as the others, IE no uneven tyre wear, no need to have alignment done, no shocks failing just a case of fit the springs and be happy?

Do note that the extra weight due to the longer wheel-base, extra doors (more metal etc.) will lower it slightly more, even if it's by a couple mm. But it's that last 2mm that gives it the perfect stance is it not?...

so ummmm... are you saying that 5dr looks better than 3dr then???? Controversial or what! hahaha

Can't disagree mate, I do prefer the 5-doors! ;)

What I am saying is that the extra weight would surely lower it slightly more considering they share the same suspension? :yes:

However, I do like our CTS I'd prefer it to a 5-door but I'd have Ponzers white FL 5 over it any day.

Always get wheel alignment checked when changing out or even dismantling suspension components, lets face it the check is free, all ok no probs, if it requires setting up then at a cost of approx 30 quid, well thats a wee bit cheaper then new tyres.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links