Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

1St Service G3 Oil

sussexdriver

My G3 1.8 T-Spirit will be needing its 1st service in a couple of weeks. The book specifies 0W/20 oil, which is very expensive, for the engine.

Two questions. Is 0W/20 really necessary? If so, the lowest cost I can find is at Opie Oils. Does any member have any experience with Opie Oils?

Hi the 0.20w oil is best to use as any other weight oil can adversely effect the fuel consumption , just ask Grumpy Cabby .

Yes you really do need that oil, Opie are good to do business with

Kingo :thumbsup:

Have a quick search or look back at some of the issues I've had with the wrong oil.

In the gen3 Prius it is very important to use the correct 0w20 oil AND ensure it is not overfilled.

Good Luck :thumbsup:

The extra for 0W-20 oil is less than the extra fuel you would have to buy if you used 5W-30. :thumbsup:

I have to agree, Opie Oils are very good. They only have one brand of 0W-20 the last time I looked, sadly not in their AMSOIL range, but I suspect still better and cheaper than the Toyota offering.

I can also recommend the Trico Neoform flat Wiper Blades that they sell. Much better than the standard Toyota blades. I don't really understand why Toyota still supply conventional blades with the car.

I have to agree, Opie Oils are very good. They only have one brand of 0W-20 the last time I looked, sadly not in their AMSOIL range, but I suspect still better and cheaper than the Toyota offering.

I can also recommend the Trico Neoform flat Wiper Blades that they sell. Much better than the standard Toyota blades. I don't really understand why Toyota still supply conventional blades with the car.

Had a quote for the first 10K service - £135.00.

Asked what oil they would use and have it in black and white, it will be 0W20.

Not sure how I can confirm that they used such oil, but interestingly the price is exactly the same as my collegue who has just service a Gen 2 at 30K

Be ware, be very aware. I'm sure they'll use the correct oil but you will be able to tell if they don't. Let us all know how you get on.

erm.... u know coz i got free servicing will i have to pay more for this oil or will they just use that as default ? i hope coz its free they ant just going to use the cheapest.

47days to go :)

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links