Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Po 627 Fault Code

Milltown Man

Hello. I am a new member and I have two Corolla diesels, a 2004 Corolla 2.0 litre D4D and a 2005 Corolla 1.4 litre D4D. I would appreciate some advice regarding my March 2004 2.0 litre D4D (CDE120(H))which has 85,000 miles on the clock.

The car goes fine for a period, then suffers a sudden loss of power and will not go beyond, say, 2200rpm for a period. Engine management light sometimes comes on and then goes off after about the second day, by which time the fault will have corrected itself and recurred several times. There is a loss of power and it feels like a fuel starvation problem. This then suddenly dissappears and the car goes fine until the next time which may happen at any time.

When I take car to the garage, fault code PO 367 (Fuel pump control circuit open) is only code shown.

Strange thing is that if I replace the fuel filter or remove the fuel filter, clean filter head and refit the filter the car will go fine for a few days before the fault reappears.

Has anyone any experience of this problem with a Corolla or other D4D engine? - is it a fuel filter casing fault, a scv valve problem, a fuel pump problem, a fuel pump control unit problem, or an injector problem. I do not want to waste money on an expensive replacement fuel pump control unit if there is a known soluton.

Advice appreciated.

i have a 2004 2.0d4d corolla but havent experienced this problem. however from your description it may be worth getting the fuel pump looked at since the symptoms you describe point towards an improper fuel supply to the engine, and/or a clogged fuel filter. when was the car last serviced and was the fuel filter changed? i change my fuel filter every 20,000 (every other service).

toyotas are weird sometimes in that theyll be throwing up problems like yours, yet a good old service will sort them out.

i have a 2004 2.0d4d corolla but havent experienced this problem. however from your description it may be worth getting the fuel pump looked at since the symptoms you describe point towards an improper fuel supply to the engine, and/or a clogged fuel filter. when was the car last serviced and was the fuel filter changed? i change my fuel filter every 20,000 (every other service).

toyotas are weird sometimes in that theyll be throwing up problems like yours, yet a good old service will sort them out.

I have the car serviced regularly and have replaced fuel filter several times over the past few months but it does not solve the problem. I find it amazing that the fault is intermittent - if it were dirty fuel, dirty filter or an air ingress then the fault would be constant and the car would probably be difficult to start but this is not the case. My fear is that some beggar will want to replace the pump but the problem will still be there and I will have wasted loads of money.

common fault you need a scv kit from toyota which is two valve that bolt onto ur fuel pump under bonnet

common fault you need a scv kit from toyota which is two valve that bolt onto ur fuel pump under bonnet

Thank you to both Corolla D4D and leepulsar for your replies. I will take leepulsar's advice and replace the scv valves. I now need to convince the mechanic that this is the best option - I sense a DIY job approaching if he won't agree.

not a bad job to do just two connectors to take off and two allen key bolts on both valves but make sure u dont round them off which is easy to do as they are very tight

(for my own knowledge) what are the scv kits all about? and leepulsar you said fuel pump under bonnet, did you mean fuel filter?

scv=Surge Control Valve i think lol and there on fuel pump which is driven by your timing belt hope that helps normal brings engine light on and loss of power an boost and wont rev up

(for my own knowledge) what are the scv kits all about? and leepulsar you said fuel pump under bonnet, did you mean fuel filter?

I had the new scv valves fitted today and the car is now running fine.

I find it strange how some garages do not seem to be aware of this problem with this particular type of fuel pump as a wrong diagnosis could be very costly and fail to solve the problem!

There is a "4.2 D4d Scv Valve Replacement" topic on the following link which gives more information on scv valves:

http://toyotaownersclub.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=87986

Thanks again to you and lepulsar for your replies to my initial post.

joys of working for toyota 10 years !!ive seen people put new pumps on them £700 + fittin it and they just need valves glad its sorted

joys of working for toyota 10 years !!ive seen people put new pumps on them £700 + fittin it and they just need valves glad its sorted

:unsure: fuel pumps cost £700?!?! i honestly thought it was a £100 part with about £30 labour?

yeah fuel pump/injector pump whatever ya wanna call it that not a brand new just a recondition one and to replace it have to have take timing belt off about 3-4 hour job at main deal labour rate :eek: £90 an hour

yeah fuel pump/injector pump whatever ya wanna call it that not a brand new just a recondition one and to replace it have to have take timing belt off about 3-4 hour job at main deal labour rate :eek: £90 an hour

:eek: wow, thats a total surprise to me! guess you learn something new everyday :D

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links