Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Auris

Costa Del Solway

After a test drive yesterday, I was totally convinced to order the new Auris Hybrid. Several weeks to wait so it will be a September new 60 registration.

Does anybody have a users manual in pdf format??? I like to learn it all before I get the car.

Re the other post on the Auris, I'm sure I read somewhere (in the many reviews I trawlled through) that it cannot be fitted with a tow bar, does not bother me, but somebody was asking about it.

I see on the Toyota web site, the fully comp insurance is available for £199, I meet the age criteria etc. for this, just wondered how others have found insuarnce quotes??

Really liked tha parking aid in the mirror, and most of the features on the car, overall looks like a great motor, roll on September :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Hi, Welcome to TOC.

I noticed that you asked in two separate posts about an Owner's Manual in pdf format. I don't think Toyota make those available online, about the best you could do is download a Briefing Guide, but I don't think they've done a Auris Hybrid specific one yet.

I'm sure someone would have posted a reply if they knew the answers to any of your questions.

Hi, Welcome to TOC.

I noticed that you asked in two separate posts about an Owner's Manual in pdf format. I don't think Toyota make those available online, about the best you could do is download a Briefing Guide, but I don't think they've done a Auris Hybrid specific one yet.

I'm sure someone would have posted a reply if they knew the answers to any of your questions.

Thanks, as the car will there a couple of weeks before I take delivery of it, then I'll ask the dealer for the pack in advance.

I was advised today that car would be ready in a couple of weeks, and if I wanted to wait till the new reg plates are issued on 1st September then the new price list would apply. Which would be either £310 or £350 more. Can a dealer do this after agreeing a price.

Anybody any views??

May phone Toyota to see if this increase is correct.

I don't know if they can legally do it or not, but morally I'd say not.

I'd kick off if they didn't agree the original price, and lets face it £350 is neither here nor there on an £18k motor. If they still refuse then I'd cancel the order and more it to another dealer (obviously check if there are any cancellation terms!).

My first port of call would be the dealers before involving Toyota to give them a chance to change their mind. Normally Toyota dealers are pretty good.

Usually there's a contract term that says the price may increase if delivery is more than x days after the order date. I've never had it enforced, as delivery may well be longer.

Worst case, pay for the car within the time limit, but have it registered, and collect it, after the 1st September date for the new 60 plate.

All sorted, went round and got it all amended for a September delivery. I was ready for a good old moan and they could not have been nicer.

Can I ask why you chose an Auris hybrid over a Prius?

If the Auris had been available when we were buying, we would certainly have considered it. There's only two of us; we are retired and do quite low mileages and we could easily manage with a slightly smaller car.

I'm guessing that I would get better mileage from the Auris and for the improved rear view alone I would look at it.

Size was main preference,(currently driving a Hyundai i10) had a look in the prius but just seemed way to big for our needs.

(1 month to go)

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links