Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Mouse Jumps From Bowl In Restaurant

Raistlin

EB38C3663598EBFB76782F8E2A63BF.jpg

A restaurant owner has been criticised for an "appalling catalogue of offences" after health inspectors saw a mouse jumping from a bowl of sweet and sour sauce in the kitchen.

Inspectors visiting the Kam Tong, Hung Tao and Kiasu restaurants in Queensway, Bayswater, west London, found mouse droppings all over the kitchens and cockroach eggs in the dim sum and baskets of prawn crackers.

One rodent was photographed scampering along a kitchen drainpipe in the Kam Tong restaurant after jumping from a bowl of sweet and sour sauce which was about to be served to customers.

Owner Ronald Lim, of Barnet, north London, admitted 17 counts of breaching food hygiene regulations at Southwark Crown Court on Monday.

Judge Geoffrey Rivlin QC ordered him to pay fines totalling £30,000, plus £18,131 costs, and handed him an eight-month jail term suspended for two years.

He was told that if he did not pay the fine, he would face 18 months in jail, a spokeswoman for Westminster City Council said.

The three restaurants were shut down between May and August 2008 but have since reopened. Lim now has three months to prove he has improved standards before a decision is made on whether to ban him from operating a catering business altogether.

Brian Connell, Westminster City Council's cabinet member for business, enterprise and skills, said: "This is an appalling catalogue of offences and gives an otherwise good industry a bad name.

"This person was not running these restaurants to the levels of hygiene which are required and which customers rightly expect."

What worries me more is why he chose to call his oyster sauce " creme of sun yun guy :naughty::chef: " :sick::laughing: :lol2:

What worries me more is why he chose to call his oyster sauce " creme of sun yun guy :naughty::chef: " :sick::laughing: :lol2:

:sick: Didn't see that one coming :chinese:

Confucius say 'Man who squirts cream into a tart isn’t necessarily a baker...'

Confucius say 'Man who squirts cream into a tart isn’t necessarily a baker...'

Confucius also say " Man who decorates Tart with cream is a Pearl Necklace Manufacturer" :lol:

Confused.com again ? That doesn't resemble any Trolls of my acquaintance :blink:

Have you looked under the bridge ?

Have you looked under the bridge ?

I'm a regular & welcome visitor :thumbsup: They like intelligent conversation and funny jokes, so you needn't beg me for an intro :spiteful:

The Chinese are very, very different people to us Brits both food and hygiene wise so they probably thought was perfectly okay to have rodents and creatures infesting their kitchens. Probably stuck 'em in the food too.

Can't blame the mouse :lol:

If you were in a bowl & about to be cooked, you'd make a run for it too :yahoo:

As long as they don't use an old Corolla to try and make a quick get away shutup.gif or they are cooked...

As long as they don't use an old Corolla to try and make a quick get away shutup.gif or they are cooked...

They used an Aygo as the get away vehicle of choice :yahoo: They found it fitted them to a T :lol:And didn't give them away by having to park outside mouseholes :spiteful: :lol2:

Small is beautiful, as a fan of the Asian races you should know that...

Small is beautiful, as a fan of the Asian races you should know that...

"Good goods in small parcels" and "Poison comes in small bottles" :yes:

Have a drink on me...cheers.gif

No Thanks! :disgust:

I've heard of the videos :lol: where Buxom Wenches have Champagne poured over them, to be drunk from various nooks & crannies :drool: & YOU aint no Buxom Wench :sick:

Thank you for noticing that I am a fine manly specimen from the ruling class unlike some weaker species from overseas...

Thank you for noticing that I am a fine manly specimen from the ruling class unlike some weaker species from overseas...

Didn't say that, and that's for sure :thumbsup: I was being gentle with you & didn't want to shatter your fragile ego :rolleyes: [ not ERGOI might let you forget that one, eventually :lol: ]

I don't get stress, I give it...

I don't get stress, I give it...

"I've grown accustomed to your looks etc"..............Tra la lah :lol:

Doesn't work on me :lol: I'm immune :doctor: :lol2:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links