Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Am New And Thinking Avensis For My First Car!

kevin10529

Hi my name is kev am 24 and am from Dumfries south west scotland.

Had a bad off on my motorbike (honda vfr 800fi) last month and cant ride at the moment and i need transport.

I am looking for advce on getting my first car. Getting lessons at the mo. Needs to be cheap and have a good MPG.

Does the avensis tick the boxes?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=300442011276&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

This is for sale in my area? Any tips on buying and watch to look out for?

Thanks in advance.

kev

Had a bad off on my motorbike (honda vfr 800fi) last month and cant ride at the moment and i need transport.

I am looking for advce on getting my first car. Getting lessons at the mo. Needs to be cheap and have a good MPG.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=300442011276&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

Thanks in advance.

kev

Hi,

Well it looks a very tidy car and with such a light coloured interior seems well kept.

Appears its got a genuine service history, but the garage say at that price will not give any warranty - I would push them to a least a 7 day money back guarantee again a major engine /gearbox failure (if push came to shove think you still have legal rights against a registered dealer if it blows up next day. )

At the price I would say give it a good test, check all the electrics and air con work. ( still do you need that so far north :rolleyes: )

Ensure the engine check light goes off properly and things like the clutch, gears and brakes feel ok and no plumes of smoke from the exhuast at start up or over run.

At the price if it all seems sound you have little to loose.

good luck..

Thanks in advance.

kev

http://cgi.ebay.co.u...e=STRK:MEWAX:IT

Thanks in advance.

kev

Hi Kev, welcome to the forum. The model of Avensis you are considering are as good a car as you will ever buy, very similar to the older Carina E. They will run to very high mileage without any real problems (unlike the later VVTi engine models), they are the old favourite of the taxi drivers and of course very popular in Ireland. I can't speak for the car in question but it looks an "honest" car and I would have no problem buying one like it.

Maybe you could make them an offer as you don't have a trade in and get a good deal, not that it is over priced ;).

Best of luck with whatever you buy, best regards, Pete.

Thanks in advance.

kev

Hi Kev. Hope you are ok now. Does the Avensis tick the boxes ?. My answer is yes, go for it !!!.

Thanks for the replys.

Am going to see it on the 15th so i will keep you all up to date if i go for it.

Thanks, Kev.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links