Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Silent Indicators?

hawkerpaul

Just been out for the first time in our 2006 Yaris, and noticed that the indicators make no noise whatsoever when switched on.

Is this normal?

Thanks

Well you might find they make a tiny noise that you can hear when the engine's idling, but certainly at any driving speed its very quiet...

Yes - they're all like that. After 30 years of driving, cursing "inattentive" people who don't turn their indicators off, I've found that I've left them on in our Yaris two or three times myself...

Well you might find they make a tiny noise that you can hear when the engine's idling, but certainly at any driving speed its very quiet...

Yes - they're all like that. After 30 years of driving, cursing "inattentive" people who don't turn their indicators off, I've found that I've left them on in our Yaris two or three times myself...

i foumd the same with auris and considered it dangerous so have fitted louder suplementry one.

see removing shrouds on auris forum.

i foumd the same with auris and considered it dangerous so have fitted louder suplementry one.

see removing shrouds on auris forum.

The ones in my Auris are absolutely fine, never had an issue with hearing them =/

I never have any problem hearing my Yaris indicators.. or those of my son's Yaris.

But then I take care to keep my ears clean as one of the perils of old age is a potential loss of hearing...:-)

Your right, they do indeed make a noise but they are extremely quiet.

I may try fitting a louder one as suggested

Your right, they do indeed make a noise but they are extremely quiet.

I may try fitting a louder one as suggested

i asked at my local mr t about anyway of increasing the volume and he said they have many complaints about this,

but there is not.

but he added that some cars seem to be louder than others for reasons he cant explain.

so indicator volume is pot luck.

not a sign of senile decay. to suggest that some drivers finding their indicators inaudible, is down to personel hygene is not only inaccurate but insulting (as made by madaafish) and the remark should be withdrawn.

not a sign of senile decay. to suggest that some drivers finding their indicators inaudible, is down to personel hygene is not only inaccurate but insulting (as made by madaafish) and the remark should be withdrawn

May I suggest that a smilie at the end is a sign of humour and your remark is hasty and ill advised..

:-)

Edit: and my comments made NO reference to the hearing of others.. and to construe it as such requires a large leap and an extremely sensitive nature :-)

not a sign of senile decay. to suggest that some drivers finding their indicators inaudible, is down to personel hygene is not only inaccurate but insulting (as made by madaafish) and the remark should be withdrawn

May I suggest that a smilie at the end is a sign of humour and your remark is hasty and ill advised..

:-)

Edit: and my comments made NO reference to the hearing of others.. and to construe it as such requires a large leap and an extremely sensitive nature :-)

hi, opology accepted.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links