Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Oil Leak! Help Please

JEGIER

my 1.6 e12 has recently started leaking oil and now its getting pretty bad, had it into the garage last week and they said that there wasnt enough oil leaking to bother fixing it, they said it was the gasket on the rocker cover of the engine, has anyone had problems with this before and how much are the gaskets? garage said they were pretty expensive!

Well somebody is wrong or have I missed something?

You say its getting bad but the garage say its not?

How much oil do you have to top up with, and anyway, regadless of that, a rocker cover gasket costs about £15 and a small amount of time to fit, so not too expensive a job

Kingo :thumbsup:

Rocker Covers are easy as to remove and refit. You have one gasket IIRC and the 4A-GE has 10 and you have to apply sealant. You are lucky :P :lol: ;)

Or you can go to Eurocarparts and get a patent part for much less (it's what I did but don't tell PK or he'll beat me again!) :ph34r:

However with major parts you should always look to genuine Toyota. :yes: It keeps him happy :D

I'm going into hiding for a short while now......

garage said it would cost £120 i didnt think it would, oil was very low after driving 400mile at the weekend so topped it up with about 1ltr, everytime i reverse off my drive there is a fresh line of oil, it used to only be every so often but its everyday now.

Well being low on 1 litre of oil is more than a "Not worth bothering with" statement, take it to somebody who does give a damn and get another price to fix it, If it is the rocker gasket (which I doubt if its leaking that much) then it wont cost £120 to fix, no way!

Kingo :thumbsup:

thats what they said, said it was the gasket and the oil was running down the back of the engine, was just wondering how hard it was to do myself if it was just the rocker gasket.

Very easy to do yourself, just take your time, get a new genuine gasket and you will have it done in under an hour

K_P_J I'm gonna get you at playtime :!Removed!: :eek::P

I have a good list of people who want to hurt me; Hou, NFC, PK, Vic, Raist and it does go on.

"If you're getting shot at then you must be doing something right."

:D

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links