Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Climate Control (Mode, A/c) Selector Display Light

Faceman

hi, new here. just purchased a 2006/06 yaris t-spirit. discovered that the display light on the climate control selector does not switch on, the words "a/c", "mode" and a couple of pictures don't light up.

could this be caused simply by a faulty fuse or bulb - something that doesn't warrant a trip to my local toyota?

thanks in advance!

When you say theuy don't light up - do you mean the background illumination when you turn your lights on so that you can see to press the buttons at night or do you mean the "on indicator" lights within the buttons that show which button is actually pressed & activated?

If its the former, then there must be bulbs inside the switcgrear that can be replaced to restore the night time illumination, but if its the "on" light inside the buttons, then it could be a faulty bulb or could be that the system isn't actually working properly..

sorry upon closer inspection the circle behind the control DOES light up however the words & diagram on the control DO NOT light up until at all.

when you press the a/c or other bottons (mode, defrost etc) on the controller the corresponding activation light switches on.

the climate control operates as it should.

All I can suggest is that there's obviously some sort of bulb inside the control switch that illuminates at night and it looks like it has failed.

They won't be designed to be replaced easily and might even be hard soldered inside the switch.

I suspect a dealer would simply replace the switch - which would cost a lot.

If you are technically minded and adept at such tasks, then you could try dismantling the dash, removing the switch, taking it apart and trying to see what bulb has failed and trying to find a replacement - but you risk actually doing more harm than good and breaking the switch altogether.

Or you could just "live with it"

Or you could try and source a switch from a breakers yard - but as its the Climate Control model, they will be very scarce, as they were only fitted to T-Spirit models (and the 2007 SR model)....

I fear that you'll be extremely lucky to find a Yaris owner with Climate Control on this forum who's already done this fix, to give you more info on what's involved but you can only try and hope...

Actually - just had another thought - if it was mine, I'd pop down to Mr Toyota, find a Yaris with Climate Control in the used car lot and ask to have a look over it.

They you can try putting the key in it and turning on the lights to see how it operates differently to the way you're expecting.

There's just a chance that the buttons don't light up even though you think they should and there's nothing wrong...

Just like the steering wheel audio controls aren't illuminated either even thought the white surrounds to the buttons make you think they should be....

• 9 years later...

Hi

I have this exact problem and nothing will fix it! 

No bacground illumination to all dash controls, a/c etc., even though they work fine. When I turn the lights on I should have these thing light up but they don't. 

Also no lights on warning beep when I open the door. And no night time low light mode activated on stereo

Fuse has been changed, that seems fine. 

Can anyone help?! 

Thanks 

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links