Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Time For A Change

tccom

seriously thinking about changing the compressor for something newer as have had it for 2 years but what with?keep on changing my mind as its in such exellent condition and low milage,decisions decisions.

The way I see it is,if you've a nice car that you like,is reliable etc,then why change it for changes sake?If it was me,unless the car becomes a problem or I really didn't want the car anymore,I'd save my pennies and keep the car I've got :yes: .

This advice by the way is from someone who between 1987 and 1997 had a new car every August 1st.Just think how much money I lost/spent during those 10 years :wacko:

I agree with you jw67, why would you want to get rid of it like that? Are you bored of it? :huh:

especially when you know that the CTS compressor is so rare.

its 50/50 at the mo had it two years and gettin a bit bored and am thinkin of changin to something a year old,but gettin what its worth is another thing :censor:

I'm the same as you bro, keep changing my mind as i've always wanted a Turbo. Set my heart on a s2k until bam i tried insurance!! Those are reeeeeal expensive on insurance!!

In the end it was either a LCR or DC5.

Farhan as soon put me in my lace and told me to keep the car and I am for another good couple of years and in that time hey lets keep my build thread going,becasue theres loads more i wana do to it :D

But hey ho its your choice at then end of the day. So what you after we can give you some ideas then. You after a Turbo, another N/A etc etc or god for bid a DERV!! :bag:

:thumbsup:

Bridges

Top 3 suggetsions for you mate;

1. Proton Savvy (new school)

2. Lada Riva (old school)

3. Dacia Sandero (critically acclaimed)

Either way you can't go wrong. :thumbsup:

The way I see it is,if you've a nice car that you like,is reliable etc,then why change it for changes sake?If it was me,unless the car becomes a problem or I really didn't want the car anymore,I'd save my pennies and keep the car I've got :yes: .

This advice by the way is from someone who between 1987 and 1997 had a new car every August 1st.Just think how much money I lost/spent during those 10 years :wacko:

but you had a new car every year :P

You want an Audio S3 in the same bodystyle and colour as the picture ;)

x2 on the s3, me personally i would want an mk5 r32. Both are really nice though.

if you stay with a hatchback it has to be those two.

but you had a new car every year :P

:lol: Yes I know,that's how I know how much you actually lose in depriciation against the occasional(hopefully)repair bill,etc.Now I spend 1000.00 or less every few years to buy a car,service it myself and drive it until it is uneconomical to carry on with any longer,rather than changing it for no real reason.

x2 on the s3, me personally i would want an mk5 r32. Both are really nice though.

if you stay with a hatchback it has to be those two.

a man after my own heart! personally i think vw has made a big c*ock up by changing the 3.2 for the 2.0 turbo. the 3.2 was/is a beautiful engine and i think they missed a big trick by using a small higher tuned engine to get the power. if i had the money for the frankly silly insurance prices i'd get myself a r32 mk5 with the thicker spoke wheels (think its a 57 or 58 plate slight facelift) rather than the multi spoke wheel. but i suppose i can dream... :crybaby:

I know how you feel amazing sound, and it feels like a high end luxury car but its a fast hatchback. Its got plenty of road appeal as well and leaving the standard they look amazing.

if a close friend of mine doesnt buy one at the end of the week i will hopefully snap one up in the coming years :thumbsup:

I know how you feel amazing sound, and it feels like a high end luxury car but its a fast hatchback. Its got plenty of road appeal as well and leaving the standard they look amazing.

if a close friend of mine doesnt buy one at the end of the week i will hopefully snap one up in the coming years :thumbsup:

And he'll drag me with him :help:

Ahahaha :D

i'll be honest bro unless you have a good job i can't see how at your age you can afford to insure, run and mod a t-sport nevermind a r32 hehe! im 20 and i can run a 2.0 diesel i've done 16,000 miles this year and i've got until end of sept before the year end for the car. r32's are amazing cars though!

i'll be honest bro unless you have a good job i can't see how at your age you can afford to insure, run and mod a t-sport nevermind a r32 hehe! im 20 and i can run a 2.0 diesel i've done 16,000 miles this year and i've got until end of sept before the year end for the car. r32's are amazing cars though!

its difficult dude, iv been working full time for nearly 3 years, started when i left college, im hoping to head back to studies so any future funds and change of cars looks a bit bleak if im a student again. Lets see how things go, i am going to be keeping the t-sport though, my insurance has come down a fair bit now and if i drive well i find the t-sport gives great mpg.

I dont often drive it apart from work and back now, Try to keep the mileage as low as possible thumbsup.gif

its difficult dude, iv been working full time for nearly 3 years, started when i left college, im hoping to head back to studies so any future funds and change of cars looks a bit bleak if im a student again. Lets see how things go, i am going to be keeping the t-sport though, my insurance has come down a fair bit now and if i drive well i find the t-sport gives great mpg.

I dont often drive it apart from work and back now, Try to keep the mileage as low as possible thumbsup.gif

you kinda in the same boat as me then. although i would say definately head back to studies, you can't get many good jobs these days with just college qualifications etc, it seems every tom ***** and harry has a degree these days!

If there is one thing that I have learnt and that I am continually told, it's that in this economic climate the most important thing is being more qualified than the other guy..... even if it means going back to do something else, or do do it again even...

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links