Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Taxi

RNS

hello there

now this was some time ago i forgot to upload it at the time.dunno if any of u can remember me trying to get a prius on as a taxi in my local area this is the article from the local paper.

post-78780-128310026253_thumb.jpg

http://www.eastmidlandsconservatives.com/index.php?sectionid=3&pagenumber=107

ps i never got no where Mansfield council still to this day wont let a prius on :(

oh and i ant a conservative..... they where the only party in Mansfield that e mailed back.

Mansfield Council needs voting out of office in my opinion. What is wrong with these people?

Mansfield Council needs voting out of office in my opinion. What is wrong with these people?

what is wrong with them is alot of them are living in the past. IE still talk about the coal mines and so on...

just all very stuck in there ways.

I took my taxi inspector out for a test drive in mine and he was smitten. I think he'd have passed or authorised it even if it hadn't met the rules - though it did. And no, I didn't have to pay any test fees before it was authorised.

Sounds like Mansfield Council are stuck in the past.

I took my taxi inspector out for a test drive in mine and he was smitten. I think he'd have passed or authorised it even if it hadn't met the rules - though it did. And no, I didn't have to pay any test fees before it was authorised.

Sounds like Mansfield Council are stuck in the past.

that's what i did at bolsover the next council along they came and looked at it and where over the moon with it and said yer thats fine so i am going with them also and there cheaper than Mansfield to plate so win win for me...

A council that is committed to the safety and comfort of the public, but is committed to promoting greener travel. So are they saying that a Prius whilst green is uncomfortable and unsafe?

I take it this means you won't be hired out to a councillor or council official? Their loss.

hello there

now this was some time ago i forgot to upload it at the time.dunno if any of u can remember me trying to get a prius on as a taxi in my local area this is the article from the local paper.

ps i never got no where Mansfield council still to this day wont let a prius on :(

oh and i ant a conservative..... they where the only party in Mansfield that e mailed back.

If the council won't licence a Prius as a taxi, ask them to contact Vancouver city council, EVERY cab is a hybrid, wither Prius or Camry, if they can do it......

hello there

If the council won't licence a Prius as a taxi, ask them to contact Vancouver city council, EVERY cab is a hybrid, wither Prius or Camry, if they can do it......

lol, I like you idea but quite clearly you have never dealt with one of these stubborn council officials. If they're that type (which some councils are) then you can't reason with them, why should they listen? You're just a scumbag taxi driver and they're a council official. What could you know? Don't believe me or think I'm exagerating, then give Mansfield Council a ring and say you're wanting to licence a Prius as a cab! :help:

Luckily my council are great, but there are many many similar stories to RNS's in the taxi trade magazine. Councils make up their own little rule and stand by it no matter what, using council tax payers money to fight it all the way. It could be something as simple as not allowing a car with a space saver spare (regardless of other benefits) or not allowing low profile tyres, turning circles that arn't tight enough, the wrong colour paint. You name it, if one unvoted little Hitler somewhere in a town hall near you decides it's a good idea (regardless of whether the EU think the car is safe) then that idea will stand.

Again I will stress that my council taxi department are great, but I'm one of the lucky ones.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links