Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Abs Error 58

Thomas D.

On my Carinba e stw from 1997 i got ABs problems a few days ago.

The abs light is on and gives me error code 58. In addition it has the following problem: When the car is parked, engine is off and no key in ignintion the following happens when i press the brake pedal: The position light turns on (front), and the buzzer indication the light is on can be heard if the door is open.

Some wires must be short circuiting, but where to look?

Please help me..

Regards

Thomas

Hej Thomas

jeg har før haft problemer med min Carina omkring ABS'en.

Men hvad jeg har af erfaring, så er det for det meste en ABS sensor der skal skiftes,

men de problemer du har kan jeg ikke lige sige hvad der er galt.

Jeg kan anbefale dig at køre ud til din lokale Toyota forhandler/værksted og høre om de skal have noget for at kigge på den,

og om hvad der er galt med den.

for de kunne sige hvad der var galt med min carina og hvad der skulle skiftes.

håber at det kan hjælpe dig lidt på vej.

Med venlig hilsen

Troels

(Hi Thomas

i had before got problems with my Carina's ABS

but what i have experienced, it's mostly the ABS censor there is the problem and had to be changed,

but those problems you have i can not say what the problem is.

i can only recommend you to go to your local dealer/shop and ask them whats wrong with it,

and let them find the source.

because they could say what the problem was with my Carina and what needs to be changed.

hope it can help you a little bit further.

The Best Regards

Troels)

• 1 month later...

Hi Thomas,

I have never heard about ABS code 58. Are you sure it was that code? The closest code I know is the speed sensor code 78 and it means check the left rear sensor rotor because it has some abnormal voltage output.

You have to take away the short pin between Wa and Wb for ABS codes. You put a wire between E1 and TC in the diagnos box and then turn on the ignition. Then you should count the flashes of the ABS lamp in the dashboard. Did you do like that when you got the code 58?

I would start with the wire to the brake light switch because it is the one that do the strange things with the other electrical componenets. That switch has always a hot 12 V wire to it too.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links