Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Auris Hybrid + Sat Nav = Car Mats Included?

ashpole

When I ordered my Auris Hybrid I added on the Sat Nav Pack was told I couldn't have the Protection Pack as well. The PP includes Car mats and was wondering if I have to order them separately or do they come along with the Sat Nav Pack (strange but possibly true)?

Cheers.

You've spent £18k on a car and they won't throw in mats? Hassle them and I'm sure they'll relent.

You've spent £18k on a car and they won't throw in mats? Hassle them and I'm sure they'll relent.

LOL!! You're dead right! Normally I make sure the mats are included during the negotiation but this time I forgot - due to the fact the trade-in value of my RAV4 was far in excess of what I was expecting and wanted to get the deal signed and dried!

I'm hoping they're included but I'll do my best to hassle them when I pick it up later this month.

LOL!! You're dead right! Normally I make sure the mats are included during the negotiation but this time I forgot - due to the fact the trade-in value of my RAV4 was far in excess of what I was expecting and wanted to get the deal signed and dried!

I'm hoping they're included but I'll do my best to hassle them when I pick it up later this month.

Crap! I forgot all about mats when I ordered my Auris HSD a couple of days ago. Are they something you have to order as an add-on??!

Thanks for the posting about this, otherwise I wouldn't have even thought about it.

I have to follow this up on Monday.

They're only about £30 officially, so the cost price to the dealers will be much much lower than this.

I didn't order them, but they threw them in in my Prius. Not surprised as I find them hideous, the colour doesn't seem to match the rest of the interior well. Hope it is better for the Auris.

I didn't order them, but they threw them in in my Prius. Not surprised as I find them hideous, the colour doesn't seem to match the rest of the interior well. Hope it is better for the Auris.

Did you replace them, if so what with? I prefer fabric to rubber mats which give me the shivers after living on Canada's snow belt for a short while and had to use them!

They're only about £30 officially, so the cost price to the dealers will be much much lower than this.

That's good to know, and good value(?) compared to after-market ones I've seen.

I haven't replaced them yet, only got the car a few days :-) So I haven't looked around for it to be honest. It's just such a colour difference although both greys and also a texture difference. But hopefully not so bad on an Auris

I haven't replaced them yet, only got the car a few days :-) So I haven't looked around for it to be honest. It's just such a colour difference although both greys and also a texture difference. But hopefully not so bad on an Auris

I think I need to go down to my dealer to take a closer look! I was hoping to catch the eye of someone who had already taken delivery but it seems they're all out enjoying their new HSDs!

Crap! I forgot all about mats when I ordered my Auris HSD a couple of days ago. Are they something you have to order as an add-on??!

Yup. The salesman forgot to mention this until I went to pick the car up and there were no mats. He said all the new Toyotas come without mats as standard (although all the demo cars have got them!!!). He did give me 10% off for buying some but not as nice as getting them free.

Yup. The salesman forgot to mention this until I went to pick the car up and there were no mats. He said all the new Toyotas come without mats as standard (although all the demo cars have got them!!!). He did give me 10% off for buying some but not as nice as getting them free.

Thanks for the reply. How much do they cost?

They cost £35.99 INC VAT and don't come as standard. Toyota's Demo audit dictates that mats have to be fitted in demo cars, it's da law!

Kingo :thumbsup:

So you pay £20k for a car, Toyota and the dealers add all sorts of nonsense into the cost, but by God you've got to pay £30 for some mats! :eek:

How about you throw them in or I walk! :thumbsup:

Well that is something you should negotiate at the point of sale, I'm not sure what you mean about building things into the price? You wouldnt be expected to pay an additional fee for something when you collected the car so why would you expect the dealer to start giving things away? I'm all for a deal at the point of sale but to start making demands for freebies AFTER the contract is signed is not on. There is an assumption that the dealer makes thousands of pounds out of a sale and another £30 for mats and £50 for fuel and all the other things that are asked for will make no difference because the dealer has made a shed load of money, which is not usually the case. If they choose to give a few extras on collection then thats fine, but dont expect it as a right

I hear what you're saying. I mean they include about £700 for registration fees (or whatever it's called) and I like to negotiate hard, very hard. :thumbsup:

Yep I hear what you're saying, negotiate is a good word and something I would encourage, at the negotiating stage, but it has been known for people to try and hold you to ranson which is not only unfair but illegal

I presume you are talking about delivery and first registration fees? if so, these are charges made to us by either Toyota or the Government, neither of which we make a profit on, a bit like charging VAT and becoming an unpaid tax collector for the Government ;)

Still not feeling sorry for you :thumbsup:

I suppose you're going to get some Charlie who suddenly decides to want a knock down on the price, new mats n flaps etc just before he collects he takes the keys off you. But if you're up front with the dealer and tell 'em what you want and the price you both are happy with at the beginning, then jobs a good un.

Yep agree with you :P

It does'nt happen too often but you would be suprised at some of the lengths people go to AFTER they have signed a deal and bring in their car for P/EX. Removing alloy wheels and swapping tyres, fitting steeel wheels, removing and keeping tool rolls/kits, handbooks and service books (lord know why you would want to keep a book for your OLD car) removing spare wheels and even removing radios and added accessories, hard to believe I know but some people think they have the right to do all of that. We remind them of their breach of contract and it usually sorts itself out ;)

I'm not sure about mats coming with the Nav pack or not. The brochure indicates that the Protection Pack can not be fitted with the Sat Nav pack (bit weird really, as the demo car I took had Sat Nav and reversing sensors - which I believe are part of the PP - the car also had mats.)

When I ordered my Auris HSD I negotiated the PP into the price, excluding the Reversing Sensors. Because of this the mats were listed on the order form at £42 something. Only problem, is my dealer messed up a bit on the scuff plates on the door sills - I got side protection strips on the doors instead! Doesn't actually look too bad and they can be forgiven, as apparently Toyota doesn’t do the boot plate any more (handy for the dog jumping into the car) but they managed to source one (after failing to fix the protection film twice…)

Just purchased a set of mats, and the 2 holes on the mat does not line up with the fixing holes in the floor, taking them back tomorrow.

And yes, I have been enjoying the new car.

They cost £35.99 INC VAT and don't come as standard. Toyota's Demo audit dictates that mats have to be fitted in demo cars, it's da law!

It's a bit sneaky though.

All the previous cars I bought have had mats as standard and because the demo car had mats I just subconciously assumed that my new Prius would. It wasn't until I got the car that I saw no mats :eek:.

Lesson learnt.

mats have never been standard on any model although they may have been put in as part of the deal. The only time they would be included would be in a protection pack or thrown in

I called my dealer regarding mats in my on-order Auris HSD and was told that these are always supplied free of charge here in Norway.

Gotta love that. :thumbsup:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links