Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Spare Bulb Kit - Model Confusion!

JB101

Going to be taking the my 54 plate 2004 2.0 D4D T3 to France for a few months and getting the travel kit sorted out. I've always taken a spare bulb kit to mainland Europe as it's just easier to fit a bulb if one blows than to argue the toss with a Gendarme and have to travel miles to a motoring store and then do it all in French....

So, went into Halfords this morning to purchase 1x Spare Bulb Kit thinking it would be straightforward.......errr.....nope :huh:

Halford's computer said "Kit 20" for a 54 plate 2004 D4D. The kit itself said it had 9006 & 9005 bulbs (among others). One of them had a right angled connector so it looked right. What threw up doubts was the Halfords replacement bulb list where Corolla 2004 is split into two types. 2002-2004 & 2004-2007 both having different specs. The latter has type 477 bulbs. Type 477 bulbs are not in Halfords "Kit 20". Hence the confusion. My car is 2004 but which half?

My car was reg 1 Sep 2004 but it could have been built earlier I suppose. So before I buy I thought I would check with the ultimate knowledgebank....here!

My owners manual on p356 says:

Headlights low bean Type A: H7 halogen bulbs

Headlights High beam Type B: HB3 Halogen bulbs

Front fog lights Type C: HB4 Halogen bulbs

....which doesn't tie in with either....

Pic of my headlight assembly attached. Hoping someone has done this before or can identify what type of bulbs I have.

Cheers

JB

post-97809-128369250253_thumb.jpg

Later end of 2004 as it is the facelift model.

Yeh I think yours will be the 2004-2007 seeing as it's right at the back end of 2004 when all the plate switch.

Excellent, thanks to everyone for the advice. Will sort out the right kit now I know for sure.

Halford's computer is definitely wrong then.... :)

Cheers

JB

**update** Decided on this H7 kit: http://www.autobulbsdirect.co.uk/H7-Ring-Spare-Bulb-Kit-FREE-GB-Sticker.html £7.99! Bargain price compared to £20 at Halfords.

Added an R580 Stop/Tail to it as none of the kits I've seen seem to have these in. Will worry about the H11 fogs if and when one goes as hopefully they will see little use.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links