Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Isofix Child Seat Fitting

Marian Andersdottir

I wonder if anyone has experienced the same problems as we are experiencing with trying to fit our two Britax Isofix child seats through the horizontal slots provided in the rear seat upholstery to access and lock on to the Isofix fixings on our recently purchased 2010 Verso?

We found that the horizontal slots in the seat back upholstery are so tight we cannot get the vertical location guides supplied by Britax to push through the upholstery and locate on to the Verso's Isofix fixings as they did on our previous car (Renault Scenic) that had a vertical slot, and this is preventing us from accurately locating the two Isofix locking bars that stick out from the child seat in order to lock on to the Verso's Isofix fixings.

When we tried dispensing with the location guides we found it impossible to locate the two Isofix locking bars that stick out from the child seat to through the horizontal slot in the 2010 Verso's seat upholstery in order to lock on to the Verso's Isofix fixings.

Have any other 2010 Verso owners experienced this problem, and if so, can they please advise us how they got over it?

I don't have the 2010 Verso but on the previous model and more so on the wife's MX-5 it is easier to locate the guides if the back of the seat is reclined slightly.

I wonder if anyone has experienced the same problems as we are experiencing with trying to fit our two Britax Isofix child seats through the horizontal slots provided in the rear seat upholstery to access and lock on to the Isofix fixings on our recently purchased 2010 Verso?

We found that the horizontal slots in the seat back upholstery are so tight we cannot get the vertical location guides supplied by Britax to push through the upholstery and locate on to the Verso's Isofix fixings as they did on our previous car (Renault Scenic) that had a vertical slot, and this is preventing us from accurately locating the two Isofix locking bars that stick out from the child seat in order to lock on to the Verso's Isofix fixings.

When we tried dispensing with the location guides we found it impossible to locate the two Isofix locking bars that stick out from the child seat to through the horizontal slot in the 2010 Verso's seat upholstery in order to lock on to the Verso's Isofix fixings.

Have any other 2010 Verso owners experienced this problem, and if so, can they please advise us how they got over it?

Hi

i have a 2010 verso and have a toyota isofix car seat and a maxi cosi iso fix base for the baby fitted. to be honest with you ours fitted in no problem at all so dont see why yours have not. have you got plastic protective covers that go on first to the fixings and then you slide the actual seat on. both our seats came with plastic protectors which i put on first and the seat/base fitted straight on

Ash

When we tried dispensing with the location guides we found it impossible to locate the the horizontal slot in the 2010 Verso's seat upholstery in order to lock on to the Verso's Isofix fixings.

wo Isofix locking bars that stick out from the child seat to through the

Hi

i have a 2010 verso and have a toyota isofix car seat and a maxi cosi iso fix base for the baby fitted. to be honest with you ours fitted in no problem at all so dont see why yours have not. have you got plastic protective covers that go on first to the fixings and then you slide the actual seat on. both our seats came with plastic protectors which i put on first and the seat/base fitted straight on

Ash

Hi there,

Many thanks for your suggestions.

With a monumental struggle we have finally managed to get the Britax supplied plastic guides inserted into the Isofix apertures in the seats upholstery. We did this by reclining the seat and twisting the guides into the apertures from horizontal to vertical on to the Verso's Isofix fixings. This was done successfully despite the apertures being far too tight and causing the upholstery to get in the way. Once we got the plastic guides in place it was relatively easy to insert the two Isofix locking bars that stick out from the child seat through the slot created by the plastic guides and latch on to the 2010 Verso's Isofix fixings. We are now going to leave the plastic guides permanently in place as we don't want to be faced with a struggle every time we remove and re-install the child seats.

Toyota need to urgently re-design the apertures to make them vertical and slightly larger like the Renault Scenic's so that is is much easier to fit the plastic guides supplied by the Isofix child seat manufacturers.

I don't have the 2010 Verso but on the previous model and more so on the wife's MX-5 it is easier to locate the guides if the back of the seat is reclined slightly.

Hi there,

Many thanks for your suggestions.

With a monumental struggle we have finally managed to get the Britax supplied plastic guides inserted into the Isofix apertures in the seats upholstery. We did this by reclining the seat and twisting the guides into the apertures from horizontal to vertical on to the Verso's Isofix fixings. This was done successfully despite the apertures being far too tight and causing the upholstery to get in the way. Once we got the plastic guides in place it was relatively easy to insert the two Isofix locking bars that stick out from the child seat through the slot created by the plastic guides and latch on to the 2010 Verso's Isofix fixings. We are now going to leave the plastic guides permanently in place as we don't want to be faced with a struggle every time we remove and re-install the child seats.

Toyota need to urgently re-design the apertures to make them vertical and slightly larger like the Renault Scenic's so that is is much easier to fit the plastic guides supplied by the Isofix child seat manufacturers.

• 1 year later...

I had exactly the same problem when I took a 2010 Verso for a test drive. The older Britax Kidfix fitted no problem (which is the same make as Toyota use), but the newer Kidfix has chunkier isofix mountings and I wasn't able to fit both sides and couldn't be bothered in the end!

I agree that this is an oversight on Toyota's parts, especially given that this is a family car!

We had a similar problem fitting our Jane Exo car seat. I found that the foam was very stiff so I put two fingers in and found that I could loosen it that way!

If you think it's hard locating the isofix points on a Verso, so try an Auris Hybrid :rolleyes:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links