Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Brake Discs

antred

Has anybody had there brake disc replaced under the standard 3 year warranty? The owners manual excludes pads, tyres etc from the warranty (obviously)but makes no mention of the discs. My car is coming up to 3 years old and my front pads are getting near the limit and my discs have quite a lip on them, so I am considering using Toyota for new pads (fixed price £99) particularly if the discs were covered under warranty, assuming they do need replacing. My car has done about 37000.

Hi,

I had 4 new discs, new pads and a modification to the callipers recently under warranty.

The brakes squeeled like mad, and I asked the garage if it was normal that a 2010 built Avensis makes the same noise a my friend's Trabant... 35 years ago. :(

They made a test drive, and no further questions were asked.

4 new brakes.

I also asked them to listen to the parking brake motor, and give their opinion.

It works perfectly, but makes an awfull sound, as if something is about to break.

They compared the sound with a new Avensis that was just being prepared for delivery, and are ordering a complete new parking brake assembly.

The car has done 13.000 Kms and the parking brake assembly goes in at the next service.

I call that good service.

I had both front discs replaced under warranty but it wasnt because of wear it was because they were warped, awful juddering on braking. I would imagine disc wear is classed the same as pad wear ? best of luck though .

... 4 new discs...

To be honest, I don't think there was anything wrong with the discs or the pads.

The fact that I ended up with all brakes renewed, probably had to do with the sequence in which they tried to eliminate the squeeling.

They changed the pads first and when that didn't help, changed all 4 discs.

When that didn't help either, finally read the Service Bulletins.

Something to do with sliding calliper bolts....

Anyway, I have 4 new brakes which do not squeel anymore.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links