Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

You Know If...

Carltona123

I live just south of Birmingham so there is quite a decent choice of dealers, but perhaps not as good as you'd think. In fact there's Toyota World Solihull just around the corner but they look at you in disbelief if you're spending less than 20 grand and don't even let you have a free go with the coffee machine. Actually that's probably not true.

Back to the test drive I was going to go to today; the sales rep, who sounded like a really lovely young lady, assured me she had got the portable power pack ready and was willing to give it a go. Hmmmm.

BTW - thanks you guys for all your input. Despite the fact that I have got chronic Prius envy of the lot of you I do appreciate your time and trouble.

Have a look on the Toyota website. Westlands Bromsgrove must be reasonably near you and they have a T4 for £9499. No photo but it has only just appeared on the website - probably good idea to phone first in case it isn't on site yet!

Just a thought...

I don't work for them!

Hi Carltona123 - the photos are on the website now - I think it looks really good :thumbsup:

Have a look.

Hi DW, thanks for the heads-up. It does look rather fab doesn't it? I think I might arrange to go and have a look at it over the weekend. I haven't driven one for all of a fortnight. Bromsgrove's only about 20 minutes away from me. You reckon it's a good price? Although when you consider it's only half the price it was when it was new I suppose it has to be.

Another local(ish) dealer said he would be having a T-Spirit in at the weekend as well. 26K, 07/57 one careful local owner with a fully stamped-up book. He said it would be £8999 which seems a really really good price. If it arrives...

I'm also sniffing around a 2008/58 T3 with 50K and a fully stamped up book. Again main dealer. £8800. I like the fact it's a year younger but what do you think about the mileage? Should I be scared? I only do about 7k a year but I do worry a bit about things going wrong.

How about this as well...a local car supermarket has a batch of Prius but they are ex-rental. They are Summer 2009 T3 with about 13k on the clock. Haven't yet been serviced - £10999. He offered me a decent trade in too.

Cheers!

M

Hi DW, thanks for the heads-up. It does look rather fab doesn't it? I think I might arrange to go and have a look at it over the weekend. I haven't driven one for all of a fortnight. Bromsgrove's only about 20 minutes away from me. You reckon it's a good price? Although when you consider it's only half the price it was when it was new I suppose it has to be.

Another local(ish) dealer said he would be having a T-Spirit in at the weekend as well. 26K, 07/57 one careful local owner with a fully stamped-up book. He said it would be £8999 which seems a really really good price. If it arrives...

I'm also sniffing around a 2008/58 T3 with 50K and a fully stamped up book. Again main dealer. £8800. I like the fact it's a year younger but what do you think about the mileage? Should I be scared? I only do about 7k a year but I do worry a bit about things going wrong.

How about this as well...a local car supermarket has a batch of Prius but they are ex-rental. They are Summer 2009 T3 with about 13k on the clock. Haven't yet been serviced - £10999. He offered me a decent trade in too.

Cheers!

M

Hi. Regarding prices, I guess they will all be priced at about the level they think will encourage a sale and leave a profit. It doesn't sound a bad price to start haggling from. In August I bought my T Spirit an 09, I think it was first registered May 2009 and had done 14000 miles - I believe it was up for £13699. I am very pleased with it but would like to get a Gen 3 in a couple of years (or less if my wife goes along with that plan!)

Personally I prefer a lowish mileage but there again I also like some manufacturer's warranty! I have always found Toyotas to be very reliable but like any mechanical object they wear.

The T Spirit is great with the reversing camera but the ex-rentals sound very tempting if you can get an acceptable deal. They would be the first ones to look at I think.

Let us know how you get along - good luck.

Yep - those ex-rentals were from Motorpoint, famous for the fact that they won't haggle! I must admit he did give me a very good part-ex bid tho'. I was a bit put off by the fact that they'd done around the 12-15k mark and never been near a Toyota garage. Not sure how sticky the dealers are about that kind of thing if it comes to a warranty claim.

Am keen to do a deal fairly soon tho' - the VAT increase in the New Year will send used prices north.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links