Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

The New Shape For The Auris

Costa Del Solway

:crybaby: :crybaby: :ffs: :ffs: :crybaby: :crybaby:

AAAAAAAAaarrrrrrrrrrrrrggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhh

33 years of driving and never had a claim on the insurance, the car is 1 month old and I am beginning to think it is jinxed. After the windscreen getting smashed by a big stone on the motorway after 19 days (only just got it replaced yesterday) I was in a car park on Friday and pulled into a space beside a set of iron railings, made sure I had cleared the railings as the space was tight, the bit I did not see was that the wall which was about 15 inches high, extended a couple of feet beyond the point where the railings ended. I caught the end of it on the nearside cill, bottom of the rear door and the wheel arch. Definately not a touch up job. Absolutely gutted

:sick:

33 years of driving and never had a claim on the insurance, the car is 1 month old and I am beginning to think it is jinxed. After the windscreen getting smashed by a big stone on the motorway after 19 days (only just got it replaced yesterday) I was in a car park on Friday and pulled into a space beside a set of iron railings, made sure I had cleared the railings as the space was tight, the bit I did not see was that the wall which was about 15 inches high, extended a couple of feet beyond the point where the railings ended. I caught the end of it on the nearside cill, bottom of the rear door and the wheel arch. Definately not a touch up job. Absolutely gutted

Sorry to hear that but easily done.

It will be inconvenient but a good bodyshop will soon fix it and your car will look prestine again.

They come in three's. It's an unlucky car for you so chop it in and get a new one. :unsure:

They come in three's. It's an unlucky car for you so chop it in and get a new one. :unsure:

I hope you are joking :yahoo:

The thought had went through my mind, but I really do enjoy driving it.

I thought it only happened to me with brand new cars: like bringing down the garage door onto the boot of a one day old BMW - nice deep scratch; and parking my 3 day old RAV4 where I always park at our local supermarket only to find someone's reversed into it.

You have my total sympathy. Might want to skip a Lotto ticket this week...

The worst luck I had was a few years ago with a brand new Audi A6 company car. The boss gave me the keys so I could take it for a spin. I got about 100 yards up the road towards an S bend when a car coming the other way came round the bends on the wrong side of the road causing me to swerve to avoid hitting them and I smashed the nsf alloy on the curb and blew the tyre. The boss was watching!

That car turned out to be a pig - was always going back for niggles and small gremlin type problems.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links