Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Brakes

I_Hate_Cars

Every time I apply brakes, there's a scrapping noise. I got a load of bull from the main dealer about Alloy wheel, low mileage, parking not in a garage, and worst of all, 'They ALL do that'. If you look at the Disc's they are not shiney like most other car's I've owned and looked at. They have offered to skim the Disc's, and said that the noise would only return. Didn't mention that in the advertising :crybaby:

Anyone else notice these things, or is it me just being a 'Grumpy Old Man' :ffs:

I've had that on every Toyota I've owned over the last 20 years! It happens immediately the car stops and gets worse the longer the gap between drives.

When next you wash your car, chuck half a bucket of water over the wheel, leave it 10 minutes and then look at the disc and you will see that it has already discolored. Leave it a week and you will hear the noise you describe.

Every time I apply brakes, there's a scrapping noise. I got a load of bull from the main dealer about Alloy wheel, low mileage, parking not in a garage, and worst of all, 'They ALL do that'. If you look at the Disc's they are not shiney like most other car's I've owned and looked at. They have offered to skim the Disc's, and said that the noise would only return. Didn't mention that in the advertising :crybaby:

Anyone else notice these things, or is it me just being a 'Grumpy Old Man' :ffs:

My Aygo did that but they were (perhaps are) fitted with cheap, softish discs that were prone to rust, premature wear and noise on initial use.

My IQ's brakes have always been quiet (except the morning after a hosing down, due to temporary surface rust) and the discs are shiny with a negligible amount of lipping after about 16000 miles.

My IQ is one of the first (Feb 2009) and I hope they are not now being fitted with lower spec discs to save costs, which would explain your symptoms.

Could just be a "bad batch" of discs fitted during manufacture, of course.

Althought my IQ brake doesnt make any noise yet (at ~6500miles), those brakes look cheap and probably are lower class.

They don't bother me as much as long as they are working but I will be sure change to some good disc brake once when they die off natually.

I've has this issue, it's something to do with a build up in surface rust/material that grinds when braking.

The advice given to me by the dealer.........'at speed jam the brakes on hard, that'll clear it'!! To be fair, all I do is when coming off a motorway slip, if it's quiet, just brake fairly hard, and that keeps them pretty clear.

Dan

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links