Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Introduction

sbs

Hello, I have owned my Prius T Spirit for almost 3 years and it is the most fun car I have ever owned. I quite like technology and gadgets and driving my car is like driving a huge gadget. I also quite like the feeling that I am doing what I can to reduce my petrol consumption both for the environment and my wallet. Whenever I give a lift to colleagues or friends they are always fascinated by the 'display' and all the things that it controls. What seems to 'freak' people the most, however, is when I manually switch to ECO mode and the engine 'switches off'. Driving a vehicle with no noise whatsoever takes some getting used to. I would quite like to upgrade but I am not happy that the 'touch screen' facility has been removed in the 3rd generation model and replaced by a centre console that looks like an aeroplane cockpit - the simplicity has been lost. What does anybody else think about the hybrid concept and the 3rd generation? :D :rolleyes: :) :yahoo::thumbsup:

Welcome to TOC :thumbsup:

I had the Gen2 t-spirit and now have the Gen3 t-spirit which is a definite improvement over the Gen2 imho...

The switches/buttons/knobs are in a much more ergonomic position, the engine is more powerful (being 1.8 instead of 1.5) and generally the car is more comfortable and definitely more economical... No road tax at all (at the moment anyway), again no London congestion charge. I actually like the way the climate controls have been taken away from the touchscreen, the screen now does just the audio (unless you use the voice control) and the satnav - plus of course the usual calendar, mobile/bluetooth and all the service bits and pieces... really far too much still to mention...

anyway, again - welcome!! :yahoo:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links