Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Car Buffer

Notebook

Anyone use an electric wax / polish jobby? - how easy is it - read of people damging paintwork.

Thanks

Anyone use an electric wax / polish jobby? - how easy is it - read of people damging paintwork.

Thanks

Yes I use a both a rotary and Dual Action polisher. The latter is considered safe to use for a beginner and with a bit of knowledge can be used to really good effect. A rotary polisher is more tricky due to the amount of friction and heat build up between pads and paintwork. It would be easy burn paint or strike through top coat if you didn't know what you were doing and should be avoided IMO unless you have some level of experience and plenty of old panels from a scrappy to practice on first.

The DA's are great, you would be looking at about £70 upwards for a decent one. Try googling Meguiars G220 or DAS-6 for some examples. These can be used effectively to correct pain swirls and minor defects. I can't rate them enough and results speak for themselves, you'll never polish by hand again!

Blue

I have a pneumatic polisher thingy - used twice and the paintwork came off a treat so I put it back in its box!

Oh god, are you sure it wasn't a neumatic sander you used :)

nope - it was a compressed air polisher. I used it on a minibus I owned. Took off all the sludge and a layer of paint. It never told me that I should have added water to the polish process.

nope - it was a compressed air polisher. I used it on a minibus I owned. Took off all the sludge and a layer of paint. It never told me that I should have added water to the polish process.

Air compressed polisher? Hmm new one to me that and after your experience I won't be looking any further into it lol.

Partly on the recommendation of Blue McVortex, I have just ordered a DAS-6 Dual Action polisher from Clean Your Car.

At £75.00 it is not a major expenditure in the big thing of schemes, and I look forward to reporting my success or urrawise therewith. Stand by for bombardification, Big Blue.....have not got a cartoon character crime solving dog how to use this thing.....

Special thanks must go to Bothy 2 Ravs, who has offered me access to both of his to practice on.

Aff tae Paphos for dos weekos early AM manyana......have yeez all seen the forecast for UK? Cyprus still mid to high 70's.

Speak on my return,

Big Sunburnt B) :alucard::afro:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links