Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Voice Commands

wizzlon

What experiences have the forum had with the voice activated commands? Mine seems to have great trouble understanding what I say. Can't believe my Kent accent confuses it. I only have 2 numbers in the phone- the first is home and the second the boss. Whichever I say, it picks the other! :crybaby:

Blooming 'eck home or the boss.... You mean there's a difference!???????

Basically voice commands are pretty useless unless you can learn the commands , which I haven't! Audio on or off seem to be about the only ones that work!!!

What experiences have the forum had with the voice activated commands? Mine seems to have great trouble understanding what I say. Can't believe my Kent accent confuses it. I only have 2 numbers in the phone- the first is home and the second the boss. Whichever I say, it picks the other! :crybaby:

I say old chap! steady on! are you saying we can to speak to our hybrids? :help:

Us Auris owners don't have voice commands, at least I don't think so, if we do they don't understand basic Anglo Saxon, low German or naughty Mandarin chants, let alone Kent accents, thank the lord, or mine would be very miffed. :blowup:

I'm a lever and knob man myself, I didn't get where I am to day by not pulling a few levers and manipulating a few knobs in preference to talking about it !!! :rolleyes: TerryB

Terry, Not only can we Prius owners talk to our lovely cars, but we have a very nice lady that chats to us as well! She doesn't even get annoyed when we ignore her!!! She's a much pleasanter passenger than the mother in law :thumbsup:

Hi, Regarding the voice commands, my system works fine and has never selected a wrong number. I use it for mobile phone calls regularly.

Steve

My phone voice commands works OK most of the time. If you use the same name but for different phone numbers. eg a home number and a mobile number for the same person it gets confused.

Hi I have found that if the fan is on high then the voice recognition is easily confused but if you turn the fan down it very rarely gets it wrong.

Hi, Regarding the voice commands, my system works fine and has never selected a wrong number. I use it for mobile phone calls regularly.

Steve

Mine's oreyt anall, must be t'yorkshire accent :thumbsup:

Terry, Not only can we Prius owners talk to our lovely cars, but we have a very nice lady that chats to us as well! She doesn't even get annoyed when we ignore her!!! She's a much pleasanter passenger than the mother in law :thumbs up:

Oh My God, That is awful 'Jan&tone' you poor things :crybaby:

I bet she [your chatty lady] is like those in these DIY quick till, self service facilities that now proliferate our supermarkets.

They talk to your in an imperious patronising way, giving out their orders and instructions but will not enter into any meaningful conversation, yet you say yours answers back :eek: - What on earth do your talk about??

I cannot get out of the habit of answering them back, this draws funny looks from adjacent shoppers who quickly hurry off and leave me isolated only having to be rescued by a harassed employee who has obviously drawn the short straw on his or her shift to guide the bewildered through the hoops of self service checkouts.

She's a nice lady Terry, tells me which way to go at roundabouts etc, and doesn't get uppity if I ignore her!

except sometimes she must have been a little drunk cause she mispronounces some words on your journey.......all part of the fun in trying to understand what on earth she is talking about :rolleyes:

No problems in getting the Voice Command system to understand me, my wife nor my 8 and 4 year old children. And I speak with a Dutch English accent ;-) Perhaps since Kent is the birthplace of the chav it isn't programmed like that yet eek.gif

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links