Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Replacement Aerial And Seats/seatbelts (1998 Model)

JCX

Hi, i have just bought a Rav4 1998 and i would like to replace the front seats with more supportive, but still comfortable seats, secondhand an option if in good nick. any idea how much they would cost? also new seatbelts. need to replace aerial with short one as original one piece aerial is rusted up and cannot get car in garage unless its right down. any advice would be welcome, i know nothing about these things!! thanks.

I fitted Cobra seats to one of my RAVs. As I am growing bigger, I'm looking to fit a larger seat in....

if you look at your own seat, you will see that the front seat belt buckle is mounted to the front seat frame so if you change the seat you will need to save this and fit it to a new frame. The 4.1 model is a bit narrower than later RAVs so you may need to be inventive with the seat mounting frame. One side mounts to the floor and the other to the 'tunnel' and front to the cross member. There is a bit of a hassle to fit new mounting points for the belt as its a fuel tank out job - no big deal...just more time.

Cost of secondhand seats... well you can pick up good seats for around £200 a pair. depends on what you want and if you want reclining.

Seatbelts - I left the originals in and fitted a 4 point harness. However most MOT places don't recognise these as you need to have a belt system that connects using just one hand. To replace the originals..... never tried it as I don't believe a cross and lap belt does much....but then I have a medical condition where such a belt would kill me so I have a seatbelt exemption certificate.

The aerial - number 2 RAV has this problem. I've just bought a JVC unit that takes USB; MP3; ipod and mobile phone that has DAB radio....so I bought a DAB antenna to go with the unit. £34 for the aerial. No idea if it will be any better but it can't be any worse than the existing. You can get to the aerial to replace it but its just a footer taking off the plastic shroud and working below the dash that I can't be bothered. I dare say it can be replaced - maybe try an oily rust release lubricant to see if that loosens it?? (I think they are meant to slide down into the pillar).

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links