Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

70Mph Don't Feel Right

jayt13

hey guys

My dad has a Auris TR 1.4 D4D (58) plate recently been serviced last month, also had tracking been done 2 weeks ago but since we have bough it over a yr ago when he is doing it 70mph on the motorway it seems pull to 1 side , also the tyres have also been changed aswell, so is anyone else having the same problem or know a fix for it?

He doesn't use motorways everyday but he doesn use once in a while.

Cheers

You need to check the basics... tyre pressures correct and equal left/right and that the tyres are the same type and have the same level of wear per axle. If it's going to pull I would have thought it would show at most speeds. You need to find a road with no camber and see if it tracks straight and true and it should do. Suppose if a brake were binding that would cause it so worth checking that the pads and discs are not showing signs of wear/overheating on just one side of car... check inside face of discs and pads too.

Does it really only pull at 70mph ? is the question :)

we put 29 - 30 all round all the tyres are same.

it intermittent at other speeds

Some time it pulls to the left but majority of the time it pulls to the rights

ill have to take a look at the pads and discs on the weekend thy seem too look fine wwhen i wash the car

It is usually wheel balance or wheel alignment. Funny thing is that some garages have not a clue how to do it properly. If there is brake problem then normally car pulls to the side while you braking due to applied force difference.

In my experienace steering pull is usually detectable well below 70MPH. Mooly has pointed out some possible causes above and all those points should be checked out.

This is the kind of problem that is virtually impossible to diagnose with any degree of certainty without actually driving and examining the car, even then its the kinda thing that can be problematic to diagnose, and could even be a combination of more than one problem!

A question or two ....

You're driving along in the inside lane of an empty motorway at 70mph and take your hands off the steering wheel, what happens and how fast does it happen?

Does the direction of pull depend in any way on which lane of the motorway you are driving in?

maybe if its happening in the slow or middle lane could be one side of your wheels caught in the ruts caused by lorries ?

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links