Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Speaker Replacement Diy

St Thicket

Before I leave the RAV4 forum, I wanted to share with you my way of replacing the OEM Speakers with new 6.5" plus tweeters. I did this mod in 2007 or something, but i took these pictures last weekend, when preparing my RAV for its new owner.

Here's the original speaker. Notice that the cone and the center magnet is removed.

RAV4hyttaler001.jpg

I just used a saw to remove the center magnet, and since it is all plastic, its very easy! Here's a closer look.

RAV4hyttaler002.jpg

Notice that I the OEM connector is used. I just soldered some new wires to the old speaker connector. Here's an overview:

RAV4hyttaler005.jpg

Here's the speaker mounted on top of the old speaker housing:

RAV4hyttaler006.jpg

RAV4hyttaler009.jpg

Also, this is how i mounted the tweeter. No sweat!

RAV4hyttaler011.jpg

There might be some slight fitment problems of the inner door cover, but I simply trimmed some of the plastic that surrounds the speaker, and voila... fits nicely.

If there are any questions, just let me know!

I sold my car last wednesday, and now looking forward to recieving my Outlander in a couple of weeks... I thought this small guide might be helpful for anyone wanting improved sound in their RAV. I would anyway recommend adding tweeters, because the absence of treble makes it hard to hear voices on the radio.

Might be worth pinning for reference. :thumbsup:

You can still drop in and see us from time to time. :yes: (If you can stand it! :D).

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links