Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

I Have Not Seen My T-sport For 5 Weeks

Nick-Johnson

Guys

Right this is the situation 5 Weeks ago yesterday I was unfortunately unlucky enough to blow up the engine in my CTS. To cut a long story short the engine was over revved so a Toyota Technician has told me, he went on to say that the exhaust valves have hit the pistons there for needing to replace all four pistons and all the exhaust valves and the camshaft for good measure. Anyway to find out all of this the engine had to be striped the main problem though is that this is no ordinary engine and therefore is not the easiest thing to put back together. After now fitting all the new parts the engine is still not running correctly I was told yesterday therefore is not going to ready for yet another weekend. I am really starting to get a bit annoyed as I am paying for a car that I do not even get the pleasure of using anymore as nice as a 1.0T3 Yaris is it is not a T-Sport Corolla and that’s what I bought. Do you think I should get on to Toyota UK as I really have had enough! :(

Nick

Have you displayed your displeasure to the service manager?

If so what did he say?

Cheers guys,

Does anyone have Toyota GB phone number and who should I speak to.

NIck

Would have said check the handbook..but I guess its in the car?

Invoices maybe?? websearch?? or ring your dealer (dont say who you are) and just ask for it! :thumbsup:

Guys

Right this is the situation 5 Weeks ago yesterday I was unfortunately unlucky enough to blow up the engine in my CTS. To cut a long story short the engine was over revved so a Toyota Technician has told me, he went on to say that the exhaust valves have hit the pistons there for needing to replace all four pistons and all the exhaust valves and the camshaft for good measure. Anyway to find out all of this the engine had to be striped the main problem though is that this is no ordinary engine and therefore is not the easiest thing to put back together. After now fitting all the new parts the engine is still not running correctly I was told yesterday therefore is not going to ready for yet another weekend. I am really starting to get a bit annoyed as I am paying for a car that I do not even get the pleasure of using anymore as nice as a 1.0T3 Yaris is it is not a T-Sport Corolla and that’s what I bought. Do you think I should get on to Toyota UK as I really have had enough! :(

Nick

How could you over-rev it? There is a rev-limiter that should avoid this kind of things to happen.

Did you shift to the wrong gear? What year is your car manufactured? 2001 year of the Celica had a fault in the gearbox that made it very easy to miss-shift to 2nd-gear instead of the 4:th and perhaps the fault is in the Corolla to then.

It's a shame that Toyota hasn't been able to fix it yet after 5 weeks. Hope you get your car back soon m8

:D :thumbsup:

Guys

Right this is the situation 5 Weeks ago yesterday I was unfortunately unlucky enough to blow up the engine in my CTS. To cut a long story short the engine was over revved so a Toyota Technician has told me, he went on to say that the exhaust valves have hit the pistons there for needing to replace all four pistons and all the exhaust valves and the camshaft for good measure. Anyway to find out all of this the engine had to be striped the main problem though is that this is no ordinary engine and therefore is not the easiest thing to put back together. After now fitting all the new parts the engine is still not running correctly I was told yesterday therefore is not going to ready for yet another weekend. I am really starting to get a bit annoyed as I am paying for a car that I do not even get the pleasure of using anymore as nice as a 1.0T3 Yaris is it is not a T-Sport Corolla and that’s what I bought. Do you think I should get on to Toyota UK as I really have had enough!

sorry to hear about the wait, i thought the T-Sport engine was free-revving i don't get how it can be over-revved? i give mine a good revving at least a couple of times a week thinking it can take it...

It should not be any faults like this. Toyota and other manufacturers always expands the limits on everything to make it more reliable and longlasting.

I also make mine rev past 6200 rpm almost daily because this engine IS built to handle this kind of revving.

I was unfortunately unlucky enough to blow up the engine in my CTS.

Nick can i ask how many kms you have done and how much you have taken it over 6200rpm or was there any reason for it to fail .... i want to make sure i am not heading the same way. Also is the engine being fixed at their cost or yours ?

Yeah, we should get an good answer from Toyota. We don't want any unreliable cars. :angry:

Hi Nick-Johnson

Hey sorry to hear about your car mate. I'm sure that Toyota will have it back together and ready for you soon. So how is this possible to over rev the corolla engine as there is a rev limiter fitted no?

jerry!!

Nick, Toyota GB phone number is 0845 275 5555 if you haven't found it yet.

Thanks so much for this I shall give them a call tomorrow morning! :thumbsup:

I was unfortunately unlucky enough to blow up the engine in my CTS.

Nick can i ask how many kms you have done and how much you have taken it over 6200rpm or was there any reason for it to fail .... i want to make sure i am not heading the same way. Also is the engine being fixed at their cost or yours ?

The engine repair work is been carried out under warranty and Toyota are going to pay for the work! It is just starting to wind me up that I am paying for a Corolla T-Sport every month and driving a Yaris T3 which I dont really see is very fair!

at the least you'd expect them to give you a YTS...

such is the curtosey car ruling though, you never get anything remotely like what you paid/are paying for...

at the least you'd expect them to give you a YTS...

such is the curtosey car ruling though, you never get anything remotely like what you paid/are paying for...

Sam,

It would not be to bad if they let me have a YTS, agreed. But what would be even better is if they let me know what is going on with my car I am for ever ringing them up!

BTW my corrola is a 2002 with 18,000 miles on the clock!

Nick :thumbsup:

If I were you Nick I would document all the problems they have caused you, i.e. the inconvenience of phoning them up all the time without answers, the 2nd rate curtosey car, inadequate lack of urgency with the CTS etc etc etc

not to be a moaning pain in the .... but to make a point that you have not had what you paid for....

also make the point that you are displeased with the CTS (we both know that's not true of course), but make the point that you are unhappy about the high revving engine not revving high without breaking, coupled with the fact it's a fairly new car!

all this should help you gain some of your money back from the time you have not had your CTS, you never know they may even throw in some extras when they give u the car back just to shut you up!

everyone knows a badly treated customer will warn everyone they can away from the company that mistreated them... it's in their best interests to look after you :thumbsup:

nick before you start waving about inconvenience and 2nd rate curtosey car or compensation etc......

you must remember they had the car 5 weeks but really they had it for around 2-3week cos you have not made any booking for your car to be repair i am gussing you just took your car in soon as the engine fail

so they cant just drop everything to repair just your car also parts need to be sent from toyota to your dealer and to be fair is not a small job

you are in chelmsford so i guess your toyota dealer is lookers

first thing you do is contact the general manager and not any other managers

speak to him tell him how you were treated

he should be able to tell you whats happening to your car if you feel he is not helpfull then you contact( looker plc ) dont bother wasting money calling toyota cos they cant do nothing to help you

a 'rev limiter' only cuts fuel at a specified, pre determind rpm its doesn't stop your engine over reving caused by bad down shifting (not saying you badly shifted, just the easiest expression to get my point across)

People that think rev limiters are mechanical devices to stop the enigne turning over faster than is recommended will learn by costly mistake.

For example ( a little wierd buyt you'll get my drift)

if you were bionic :blink: you could turn the engine over by hand without fuel way past 8000rpm right ? no PC code on the planet will stop the mechanical parts of the engine spinning at the same speed your turning it over.

:bookworm: ITS NOT A 'REV LIMITER'.....ITS AN ELECTRONIC FUEL CUT OFF :huh:

Hi Nicj in your mods so far section - you have stated that you have a Toyota Sat Nav system - was this a factory fit optino or did you fit this afterwards?

thanks in advance

Chris

Hi Nick in your mods so far section - you have stated that you have a Toyota Sat Nav system - was this a factory fit optino or did you fit this afterwards?

thanks in advance

Chris

Chris,

Sorry for the delayed reply, I have got my car back and I cant stop driving i, god I have missed it!

Anyway in answer to your question, my Sat Nav unit is a dealer fit item that just plugs in to the back of your head unit. The Sat Nav system goes under the passenger seat and is displayed though the srceen on the head unit, I find it works very well indeed. Also you have a female voice guidance too. If your ever in my area get in touch and I will give you a demo!

Thanks Guys for all your input regarding this matter, finally I got back into the drivers seat of the Corolla Wednesday evening and I am really enjoying it. I am taking it easy at the moment just the odd LIFT here and there but I am going to wait 500 miles before giving a proper run! :D

Anyway maybe see some of you some at a club meet :thumbsup:

Nick

Chris,

Sorry for the delayed reply, I have got my car back and I cant stop driving i, god I have missed it!

Anyway in answer to your question, my Sat Nav unit is a dealer fit item that just plugs in to the back of your head unit. The Sat Nav system goes under the passenger seat and is displayed though the srceen on the head unit, I find it works very well indeed. Also you have a female voice guidance too. If your ever in my area get in touch and I will give you a demo!

Nick

Any idea on the model number for your SAT NAV box? Is it a TNS200 by any chance? Its just that I've seen one advertised...... ;)

Also were all the connections already there for the install or did Toyota need to fit them aswell?

Cheers matey

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links