Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Toyota Service Plan

hemmy

I recently visited my local Toyota dealer and they gave me details of their service plan for my 05 Rav4 diesel.It was £465 covering 2 services. My car has nearly 80000 miles on the clock. Is the service plan good value? They more or less wanted a decision immediately, but I wanted some time to think about it.I was told the price will imminently be increased.Was I being pressured to buy the plan? Any feedback will be gratefully received.

I've had a service plan on my last 3 cars, Avensis t.spirit and 2 t.spirit Prius' and would have had it on the wife's Aygo but for the 3 year free service offer. I'm not sure about the value aspect but it certainly helps spread the cost and you're paying for the service at today's prices too. I'd certainly do it again....

What does the plan cover?

From what I read on the one they offered me, it basically covered the standard stuff that the fixed cost services do, but anything extra would still cost extra so I wasn't sure what the advantage was supposed to be...?

It seems like you're just paying in advance for the services...

Is it part refundable if you sell the car in 6 months time? Or if it gets written off?

If its an 05 plate then you don't have to get the car serviced by the dealer as the warranty is expired, so you could probably save a lot of cash by going to another garage.

I tend to pay for them as they are due as you know what mileage it is due at and can put a bit of cash aside each month.

I guess these plans work for some people, and there is probably a saving there somewhere, but everyone is different and thats a lot of money to find up front.

What does the plan cover?

From what I read on the one they offered me, it basically covered the standard stuff that the fixed cost services do, but anything extra would still cost extra so I wasn't sure what the advantage was supposed to be...?

It seems like you're just paying in advance for the services...

The plan covers the normal servicing items.

do you pay your electric and gas by direct debit? It's the same principle.

Not sure where the £465 comes from. Is it, as someone writes, up front? Surely not ...

My own plan started when the car was 1yr old and covers three services, two big ones and one little one. In my case it will be on time rather than mileage.

I pay a fixed £18.24pm (subject to VAT change?) so we're talking £580 in total. Toyota sub the scheme out to a firm called Emac. I doubt there's much, if any, saving but it suits me to spread the cost. I guess it must depend on whether you know you'll have the mazuma lying around when it's needed.

Yes, they are covering just the standard stuff, e.g. excludes, tyres, brake bits, wipers, MOT, but with my car I would hope there wouldn't be too much in the way of extras. Obviously the equation must change for any older or higher spec car and quotes seem to be individual. My plan can be transferred or cancelled "for a small administration charge".

Spam removed

Where's the connection with Mr T's service plan???

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links