Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Speaker Upgrade

jayt13

hey guys

I want to upgrade the standard car speaker but does anyone know what the specifications of the standard speaker for E12 Corolla Fl?

front 6.5" components will fit fine with speaker adapters and in the rear i think standard is 5.25" coaxial however if you screw a 6.5" coaxial right to the metal of the door without adapters then 6.5" will fit like i've done in my car.

do u know how many watts they are im thinkin goin for around 250-300 watts?

i hope so, i would get sub n amp but i use my boot alot so gonna get new speaker wit better base i changed my headunit last yr that helped alot bt no getting bored n want more bass and btter quality sound.

also iisit true u have to drill threw the pivots to take the OEM speaker out?

what is how many watts? you're question (if im understanding is paradoxical) anyway i will try explain.

1. what is the make/model of your headunit if it is not the factory unit?

with this information i can suggest some Speakers to take a look at. i think the 200-300 watts you're quoting are chav watts, the kind when people say "my sub is 2000 watts". you need to look at the RMS watts figure. this is the figure which will give you a true idea of the power handling of the speaker.

off a decent alpine or pioneer headunit then you can look at Speakers upto 20-25 watts rms mark they will be sufficiently powered by the headunit. if you're head unit has a low output then look for Speakers upto 20 watts rms. if you want to get real clarity sparkle and volume from your front stage then you will need to amplify the front speakers and will need some form of bass reproducing speaker, either a midbass or subwoofer to replace the frequencies lost by setting the front speakers up in highpass freq filter config.

what is how many watts? you're question (if im understanding is paradoxical) anyway i will try explain.

with this information i can suggest some speakers to take a look at. i think the 200-300 watts you're quoting are chav watts, the kind when people say "my sub is 2000 watts". you need to look at the RMS watts figure. this is the figure which will give you a true idea of the power handling of the speaker.

off a decent alpine or pioneer headunit then you can look at speakers upto 20-25 watts rms mark they will be sufficiently powered by the headunit. if you're head unit has a low output then look for speakers upto 20 watts rms. if you want to get real clarity sparkle and volume from your front stage then you will need to amplify the front speakers and will need some form of bass reproducing speaker, either a midbass or subwoofer to replace the frequencies lost by setting the front speakers up in highpass freq filter config.

always look at the rms ,not "peak" wattage

i will be adding a set of components early next yr as part of my install,already have my subs and amp,need another amp for the components and all the assorted wiring,il prob do a thread about it when its done

if i was you ,id amp the components most headunits are 50w x 4 and they simply wont be powerful enough to push decent components.

i have a sony bt4700 headunit 52w x 4 and will be hooking up my set up to that

with this information i can suggest some speakers to take a look at. i think the 200-300 watts you're quoting are chav watts, the kind when people say "my sub is 2000 watts". you need to look at the RMS watts figure. this is the figure which will give you a true idea of the power handling of the speaker.

off a decent alpine or pioneer headunit then you can look at speakers upto 20-25 watts rms mark they will be sufficiently powered by the headunit. if you're head unit has a low output then look for speakers upto 20 watts rms. if you want to get real clarity sparkle and volume from your front stage then you will need to amplify the front speakers and will need some form of bass reproducing speaker, either a midbass or subwoofer to replace the frequencies lost by setting the front speakers up in highpass freq filter config.

i will be adding a set of components early next yr as part of my install,already have my subs and amp,need another amp for the components and all the assorted wiring,il prob do a thread about it when its done

if i was you ,id amp the components most headunits are 50w x 4 and they simply wont be powerful enough to push decent components.

I'm confused, are you adding to the advice I gave or telling me?

Also the 50x4 or whatever is not rms wattage. 50x4 roughly gives around 15-20 rms depending on the quality of the unit.

well its all getting cofusing haha, i was looking at these.....

My link

will these give me a big difference over my standard Speakers ? i just want some louder music without having to cut my parcel shelf or spend on a new headunit just yet

well its all getting cofusing haha, i was looking at these.....

My link

will these give me a big difference over my standard speakers ? i just want some louder music without having to cut my parcel shelf or spend on a new headunit just yet

theyl be fine to run of the standard head unit ,there is a good install guide on here sumwhere

tbf anything is better than the standard Speakers ,they sound frankly awful if i yank the vol past 20 on my headunit ,cant wait to get rid myself

i would get sub n amp but i use my boot alot

Try a install something like this then

med_gallery_4104_500_144492.jpg

I'm confused, are you adding to the advice I gave or telling me?

Also the 50x4 or whatever is not rms wattage. 50x4 roughly gives around 15-20 rms depending on the quality of the unit.

sorry just re-read that and i fail lol :crybaby:

ye i am agreeing with what you said .

its all down to how much you want to spend ,but you seem to be on the right track by not being drawn to the peak numbers

i would get sub n amp but i use my boot alot

Try a install something like this then

woow that looks good, how did you do that?

How much does it cost?

those Speakers are coaxial, you want components Speakers in the front and coaxials in the rear doors. in old cars where the "stick" would be to adjust the wing mirror in your corolla at that location do you have factory fit tweeters?

How much does it cost?

I did try to do it myself, but after a fail attempt, i got a pro install to do it for me instead, a custom install. The cost of it, well unless you got an empty credit card spare, it was over £1000, but was for a full install of all my audio equipment :lol:

those speakers are coaxial, you want components speakers in the front and coaxials in the rear doors. in old cars where the "stick" would be to adjust the wing mirror in your corolla at that location do you have factory fit tweeters?

No my mirrors are set eletrnically via the button on the drivers side. i got an e12 corrola fl

How much does it cost?

I did try to do it myself, but after a fail attempt, i got a pro install to do it for me instead, a custom install. The cost of it, well unless you got an empty credit card spare, it was over £1000, but was for a full install of all my audio equipment :lol:

Jheez good price have to say but thats like my 1 months wages.

those speakers are coaxial, you want components speakers in the front and coaxials in the rear doors. in old cars where the "stick" would be to adjust the wing mirror in your corolla at that location do you have factory fit tweeters?

No my mirrors are set eletrnically via the button on the drivers side. i got an e12 corrola fl

i know they are electric i was trying to use that analogy to describe the location to you...but nevermind lol. as i was saying your front Speakers are a components set. a mid in the door and a tweeter in that location up on the a-pillar. the Speakers you linked to are coaxial all i was trying to say is that don't put a coaxial set in the front since it will cause your soundstage to be lower in the car and you may not like that effect. putting the tweeters high in the car gives the impression (or poorly attemps to in factory audio) all the sound is coming from that location.

i know they are electric i was trying to use that analogy to describe the location to you...but nevermind lol. as i was saying your front Speakers are a components set. a mid in the door and a tweeter in that location up on the a-pillar. the Speakers you linked to are coaxial all i was trying to say is that don't put a coaxial set in the front since it will cause your soundstage to be lower in the car and you may not like that effect. putting the tweeters high in the car gives the impression (or poorly attemps to in factory audio) all the sound is coming from that location.

Cheers for the tips

sorry imight be abit slow today ive been up since 4am cuz i srted work at 7