Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Heater Problem

cliff taylor

On my 53 plate avensis diesel the heater blows warm on passenger side and cold on drivers, no good for the winter any one guide me to a solution. Thanks

Could be something blocking the vents, or the air-mixer doesn't work properly, maybe because of the same problem.

If it's a long time since the airco was serviced/cleaned and the cabin filter changed, this may be a good occasion.

One the two vents in the centre? I've just bought a y reg Avensis and have noticed that the vent on the drivers side of the centre vents constantly blows cold air in when the direction is set to the windscreen, and cannot be shut off as it has something missing behind to close the vent. (I've prised the grill bit off to see this). How can this be missing? Can this bit be bought?

...How can this be missing?

Either the part has been removed by a previous owner, or it fell into the duct and down into the heater/airconditioning assembly.

Anything that falls or rolls into the vents (children... :ffs: ) ends up on, or between, the valves in the heater/mixer unit, making the desired distribution of warm/cold air impossible.

I've added a drawing what the system looks like.

post-84513-044274000 1291065155_thumb.pn

Of course it is, like everything else in a car. ;)

But not without considerable effort.

If something is stuck in there, prepare to take both the blower- and heater assemblies out...

Got it it was just behind the directional "grills" when I popped them out. God knows how it had come off. Anyhoo poped it back it jobs a good un although the open and close thing is a bit stiff. BUT... those "grill" things just slide back in but don't seem to fit as good now. Any ideas? Petty I know compared to other problems on here but a problem none the less.

Can anyone help with the refitting of the directional air flow grill things as they don't seem to be as snug a fit now I have put them back in and move around.

Maybe, if you would post some pictures.

Of the part(s) outside the dash and how it looks like now when fitted.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links