Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Frost & Thawing Out Car In Winter

Supergirl

It doesnt say much for our society that you cant leave something worth upwards of 10k by the side of the road without someone interfering with it does it :crybaby:

Seriously though, My wife went into Tesco the other day to get some de-icer, came home withsome pre-icer, squirt it on the windscreen the night before, no ice on the windscreen the next morning!! Good stuff - it works!!! :yahoo:

It doesnt say much for our society that you cant leave something worth upwards of 10k by the side of the road without someone interfering with it does it :crybaby:

Seriously though, My wife went into Tesco the other day to get some de-icer, came home withsome pre-icer, squirt it on the windscreen the night before, no ice on the windscreen the next morning!! Good stuff - it works!!! :yahoo:

when i worked (now retired) i ues to put a plastic sheet across the windscren held in place by the front doors.

so only had the side windows to clean.but the old passat was a diesel and took a lot longer than my auris to warm up.

did try for a while putting silicon on the door rubbers to stop the door freezing up,but if you rubbed your cloths against the seals the you got dirty marks.but it stopped them freezing.

Thanks Sagitar for taking the time to post up a reply to my question , its much appreciated . :thumbsup:

The road where i live is solely privately owned by myself and four neighbours , the general public have no right of access to the road or my and my neighbours driveways .

I don't think it's a question of whether they have a RIGHT of access, but whether they have access. I too live on a private road that I own, but the road is not gated or securely fenced and we do have visitors such as the postie, the milkman etc and there is no way that I can easily stop trespassers. If anyone was killed or injured because I left my vehicle on the drive unattended, I have no doubt that I would be charged for it.

"Most of the provisions apply on all roads throughout Great Britain, although there are some exceptions"

It still sounds like a bit of a grey area to me , so which are the exceptions ? I should point out that i don't leave my car idling whilst it defrosts but my neighbour opposite does, i'm merely intrigued as to whether or not he could be charged, and no i'm not thinking of reporting him .....Honest :lol: , regards my road there used to be a sign indicating that it was a private road and not a public thouroughfare but the sign was vandalised along with the electric motors on the gates to the cul de sac once too often last year , my neighbours and i decided to cut our losses and not have them repaired again , so the gates are now left continually open .

You could leave the wife in it, hang on though who would make your packed lunch... :!Removed!:

Simples .... get her to make it the night before and pop it in the fridge :lol:

Sounds like "Bali Hi Mansions" will be the X Factor contestants boot camp house next year :lol:

Kingo :thumbsup:

Sounds like "Bali Hi Mansions" will be the X Factor contestants boot camp house next year :lol:

Stacy's welcome round mine anytime , she's a top bird :lol: you thinking of entering as a duo with Mrs Kingo next year ? i'll happily put you up and there will be a healthy supply of your favourite pies too :lol::thumbsup:

Well I don't mind a bit of Karaoki, but I'm not sure you should subject the world to our singing! Funnily enough I went to a "Celtic Fayre" yesterday, there was atall selling homemade Pies, Pasties etc, well I had to make a purchse, it would be rude not to would'nt it? :lol:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links