Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

P2002 Fault Code

T180 NI

Driving to work this morning in freezing snow and ice I got all the warning lights on the dash but no loss of power. When I put the code checker on it read 2002. Is this a Diesel Particulate Filter issue?? My last tank fill was with diesel I dont normally use and the car was smoking more than it normally would. So it could be EGR related or is it to do with the severe weather? There have been stories of the catalytic converter having to be changed or perhaps just the fuel filter.

Any ideas as to what I should do? I have erased the code in order to get the warning lights off but will be monitoring the problem....

Thanks

Ron

I'm having the same issue at the moment so thanks very much for the pdf Anchorman. I understand a lot more about emissions control than I did before :)

My car is an Avensis T180 so I'm hoping that I can persuade the deal to give me a modified CAT and clean the EGR out of warranty. I'm not quite sure I understand the correct way to find out if this is the problem however. Am I right in thinking that if the EGR issue is the problem then there will be another error showing as well as the P2002 error?

Thanks for your help.

Tom

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links