Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Has Anyone Thought Of This Yet?

SAM LOVERS HER TOYOTAS

Guys...

Just an idea...of making a Battery cover to go over your actual Battery in the engine bay...as they have on newer cars...i think they would look great aswell as be functional by keeping your Battery clean & dry...has anyone made one or purchased one...pics please?

Sammy

not really needed tbh, in the newer car i think toyota are just copying the germans by covering everything it is possible to cover in bits of flimsy plastic held together with those annoying little clips lol. as long as you have that insulating jacket thingy it's all good.

Providing the positive Battery terminal is covered, then don't worry about it.

It's not something your going to have to handle/change very often.

Batteries don't perform very well when cold that's why they insulate them.

Normally in the UK we don't need such extra protection but judging from the last Winter and what we are having at the minute it would be no bad thing.:)

Just an idea...of making a battery cover to go over your actual battery in the engine bay...as they have on newer cars...i think they would look great

Hi,

Just don't go overboard with the Battery coverings or use anything that can easily disintegrate as the Air Filter Box inlet pipe is just by the Battery - don't want to impede the airflow or your mpg will rocket !

Hi

I think its an excellent idea especially coz of this weather...added protection & all that...So long as Richard.C mentioned you dont block any breather/air pipes etc...i think i might work up some ideas! Someone mentioned Carbonfibre...can you buy them ready made? I see one on eBay £19.99 + delivery but is says supra on it...pretty expensive!

defo think its worth it anyone able to link some examples of Battery sleeves its freezing!! unless you find a breakers i know the new kia rio has a Battery insulation thingy! LOL

check this out! its showing on the corolla part manual epc system i have.28899-46020

p1.jpg

isn't that the jacket which goes around all sides of the Battery but doesn't cover the top? my car already has one of those. the outside skin of it is made from plastic and then the inside it has like an insulating foam?

Making a carbon fibre Battery cover would be very easy. its the curing and mould making that may be difficult.

A mould could be made fairly easily out of some MDF, but if a prepreg is used finding a suitable oven to cure it may be difficult, or a wet layup with a resin that will cure at room temp could be used.

Then theres consolidating it, a vacuum pump will be needed

defo think its worth it anyone able to link some examples of battery sleeves its freezing!! unless you find a breakers i know the new kia rio has a battery insulation thingy! LOL

check this out! its showing on the corolla part manual epc system i have.28899-46020

p1.jpg

HI Farhanali89...I rang toyota today with that part number 28899-46020...quoted me £17.95 inclu.VAT...thats expensive...i think! It looks like its made of that like rigid cardboard you get...maybe i'll try making one instead! Its a small issue so i'll take my time on that likkle project!

Im buying it! As for me it will serve the purpose of keeping the Battery insulated in these arctic like climates! A upper cover would be a nice idea tho?

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links