Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Thinking Of Buying....

Stukos

Hi all

I've been looking at buying a RAV4 (4.2 I think), the ones I've been looking at are around year 2000 and have roughly 100,000 miles on the clock. I've seen a 5 door GX and was looking on some information on reliability.

Should I be worrying about the mileage? And is there anything else to look out for?

Thanks in advance.

Stu.

Hi all

I've been looking at buying a RAV4 (4.2 I think), the ones I've been looking at are around year 2000 and have roughly 100,000 miles on the clock. I've seen a 5 door GX and was looking on some information on reliability.

Should I be worrying about the mileage? And is there anything else to look out for?

Thanks in advance.

Stu.

Hi Stu and welcome to the club.

You may want to follow this thread:LINK

Good luck with the search :thumbsup:

Cheers. So the main issue seems to be the DMF, I've been looking at petrol models so I guess that wont be an issue for me?

Any owners out there with 100k miles plus?

Hi stukos

Well as you can see,i own the 4.2 below,yes the DMF is the main issue on D4D'S mines only broken down once in just over 6 years ,new DMF fitted ,now clocked 95'000 miles

There is one member here ( Chatman ) who has clocked 130'000 on his D4D,still going strong from what i can tell

They are very reliable vehicles...and with permanent 4x4..ideal for the snow :thumbsup:

180,000 on my 1994 number one RAV. The other - number 2 - has about 80,000 miles on it despite it being a 1994. Although both are running different turbo-charged engines, the engines came from 1994 cars too.

With regular servicing, a 4.2 should run and run as well.

180,000 on my 1994 number one RAV. The other - number 2 - has about 80,000 miles on it despite it being a 1994. Although both are running different turbo-charged engines, the engines came from 1994 cars too.

With regular servicing, a 4.2 should run and run as well.

Hi bothy

Actually i'm stunned as to how good the RAV still feels to drive at 95'000,i am beginning to see why toyota's last their owners a long while,build and longevity are superb.

When i see yours at 180'000 & chatman's at 130'000...i am not in the least suprised...but as you say,'all with good regular servicing'....we cant moan at the odd fault.

No wonder toyota 4x4's are found driving in some of the worst enviroments on the planet.... :thumbsup: a worldwide icon

Hi Stu,

I bought a 2002 GX (Petrol/Manual) at the beginning of 2009 and have been very impressed with it. Mine hasn't got overly high mileage (about 73K now), but certainly no complaints at all. In fact it's a pleasure to drive! I bought mine for a very specific purpose, but despite the reasons for me buying it being primarily to do with the physical setup of the cargo area, I very quickly came to love it for a whole bunch of other reasons! It has turned me into a bit of a Rav enthusiast, and I now try and do all my own maintenance on it (thanks to these Forums!).

It's also handling this snow very nicely and apart from my Rav, there is only one other vehicle in our street that can currently get out and up the hill, and that's a Ford Ranger Thunder.

I'm sure you won't be disappointed if you do buy one. My only "complaint" is the fuel consumption, but that's only because my other vehicle is a Prius and I really can't expect to get 65MPG out of the Rav. LOL! :D

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links