Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

D-4D Mpg

Sam29

Hi,

Just trying to compare MPG's (only D-4D)

Can you please contribute to this topic by saying:

what average MPG you get?

How many Mileages you get per tank?

Just curious as my car (03 D-4D) is showing 400 miles per full tank. How reliable is this computer?

Cheers.

I get 450 miles to a tank before I fill up but it only works out to between 40 and 43mpg. The trip computer thingy says I am averaging 54mpg and have a range of 600 miles - so mine is not very accurate!

David

05 2.0 D4D

Thanks Davids, lets wait for other.

I know avensis has 60 liter tank and I assume last 5 liter is reserve fuel.

Assuming getting 450 out of 55 liters comes up to

37.19 MPG.

well do you mostly drive in cities or on motor ways?

37 MPG is not that great.

My computer is even giving less than that.

i have the 2010 2ltr d-4d and during the summer was reading around 42-47mpg according to computer but this has dropped to 37-42mpg now on a 12 mile trip each way to work using a mix of country road an B roads early in the morning.

during trip to france in june on their terrific auto routes this shot up to mid 50's.

today I had it 40-50 mpg.

any other lad sharing his reading....

ok i know i'm a year out 07 and its a 2.2 but in summer i average 45-47 and winter normally about 42-43,as for how many miles to a tank 600 should be realistic cos i can gun it to my old man's from germany to mansfield approx 220 miles on other side of channel(normally over 100mph)and 250 ish this side, well thats 470 and there's always quarter of a tank left so if i wasnt booting it through the netherlands,belgium and france there would be more...i think the computer uses a crystal ball to calculate distance.

today I had it 40-50 mpg.

any other lad sharing his reading....

ok i know i'm a year out 07 and its a 2.2 but in summer i average 45-47 and winter normally about 42-43,as for how many miles to a tank 600 should be realistic cos i can gun it to my old man's from germany to mansfield approx 220 miles on other side of channel(normally over 100mph)and 250 ish this side, well thats 470 and there's always quarter of a tank left so if i wasnt booting it through the netherlands,belgium and france there would be more...i think the computer uses a crystal ball to calculate distance.

600 Miles / tank is brilliant. How big is your tank? Is it 60 liters?

Cheers.

Over almost 59,000 miles, my overall average is 54.2 mpg, and average 533 miles (maximum 692 miles) between fillups.

(The car rarely does runs of less than 80 miles and is mostly motorway use in 6th gear & with cruise control.)

Over almost 59,000 miles, my overall average is 54.2 mpg, and average 533 miles (maximum 692 miles) between fillups.

(The car rarely does runs of less than 80 miles and is mostly motorway use in 6th gear & with cruise control.)

Very good profile of your car.... I guess you keep it in tip top condition and motorway also helps.

Brilliant.

Today temperature was -2 and I hardly got 40 mpg average.

I have a 2L 2005 estate,111,000 miles now on the clock. Motorway driving 50 to 55mpg, and around town never drops below 42mpg. I use redex once a month in a tankfull and service the car myself every 10,000 miles. Can't fault this car

I own a 56 plate T180 tourer D4D. My MPG is all over the place at the moment but generally speaking I get about 38 MPG and about 430 miles to a full tank, mostly motorway cruising at about 70-80mph. I've just cleaned out the EGR valve which has made a slight improvement.

Saying this, mine is off to visit a Toyota dealer tomorrow due to a strange noise and a slight reduction in fuel economy. Reading some of the threads on here, I reckon it could be a vibrating air-duct that needs re-insulating. Let's hope Toyota can fix it and improve my overall MPG!

hi i find where i fill up makes bigest differance tesco gets me about 49 Shell gets me 53 i have 40 mile commute very early in morning

This is my second Avensis D4D company car in 3 years, I monitor the fuel consumption and every drop I put in, very sad but that way, if my mpg starts to drop drastically, with the exception of poor weather or serious road delays, there is a problem with the car, anyway, my mpg for each car is:

2006 2 litre D4D, 55609 miles, average mpg 52.23. Longest range out of a tank was just over 600 miles.

2009 2 litre D4D Tourer, 70101 miles, average mpg 55.88 majority of fuel bought from Morrisons. Longest range out of a tank was just over 600 miles, but, I have been down to a range of 1 mile on the computer and only managed to get 53 litres into a 60 litre tank.

05 D4d (Taxi). Computer says 51- 54mpg but in reality it does 45mpg. I allways fill the tank up to the brim and reset mileometer. If i have done 450 miles since the last fill up it takes 45 ltr to fill it up whick equates to 45.4mpg

05 D4d (Taxi). Computer says 51- 54mpg but in reality it does 45mpg. I allways fill the tank up to the brim and reset mileometer. If i have done 450 miles since the last fill up it takes 45 ltr to fill it up whick equates to 45.4mpg

Hi,

D4D tank has 60 liter capacity. Lets say reserve is 5 liters, still you have to refil 50-55 liters. I guess if we calculate keeping that in mind, our MPG drops further.

Cheers.

Hi,

D4D tank has 60 liter capacity. Lets say reserve is 5 liters, still you have to refil 50-55 liters. I guess if we calculate keeping that in mind, our MPG drops further.

Cheers.

I never let the tank get low. i usually fill up when it get just under quarter mark. I t usually takes about 45ltr to fill it up.

Well on motorways, I have achieved 60.7 MPG over 200 miles.

see the photo.

2ziq9w8.jpg

But sadly I reset the ECU and my MPG has gone down now :crybaby:

Cheers.

2004 T3-X D4D

I get 45.3mpg and have a running spreadsheet for the last few years tracking what I get based on miles done and fuel input. Lows of 38 and highs of 62. The computer tells more lies than a politician and is a 10 to 20% overestimate so I wouldn't rely on it too much!!

2004 T3-X D4D

I get 45.3mpg and have a running spreadsheet for the last few years tracking what I get based on miles done and fuel input. Lows of 38 and highs of 62. The computer tells more lies than a politician and is a 10 to 20% overestimate so I wouldn't rely on it too much!!

I doubt the computer reading and well you have confirmed it.

Cheers.

Hi,

I've recently brought a 2.0D4D HB, 56 plate

I haven't driven the car much and only filled up once, but, as with the previous car I had, I was very careful at monitoring the mpg.

anyway, on board computer said 58 odd mpg over 380 miles, actual was 51.1mpg

I admit that I try and drive as eco as possible, ie 60mph on motorway of which roughly 300 miles of the 380 was

• 3 weeks later...

I am still getting 420-440 miles per tank (usually filling 50-52 liters). Car is 53 D4D on 86K.

I use BP / Shell diesel.

I drive 60:40 ratio 60 being motorway and 40 being city driving.

Recently cleaned EGR thorougly.

I keep tyres pressure to 32 (though manual says keep it 35).

No error code.

And I try to drive smoothly. Why I said that, as if I turn on Cruise control my mpg drops further, so When I drive, I drive smoothly.

Is there anyway of improving my MPG as 420-440 is very poor if I compare my MPG to others.

Cheers.

well you could try putting the correct pressure in your tyres i should imagine your rolling resistance would lower making it easier to move the car

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links