Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Doctor find his Yaris wrecked after football match :(

Mojo1010

That is absolutely shocking! Mindless morons who should get a job instead of doing crime like that!!

• Like 7

Car cannibals stripping the cars for chop shops, repairs to damaged vehicles, etc, due to parts shortages. Last year the Yaris, Fiesta, Corsa and Clio were all likely candidates. 

This type of crime is increasing.

• Like 4
  • Sad 5

...all the more appalling... 😡

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

Question for long time owners from a new one.   Is parts supply for Toyotas a particular problem (or no better/worse than other makes)?

My car is a Corolla so made in the UK but, in a world economy, I doubt that helps to any great extent.

• Like 4

No worse than other manufacturers. Parts supplies are still being affected by Covid, the situation in Ukraine (one of Europe's biggest suppliers of wiring harnesses as well as other parts), etc, etc.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, FROSTYBALLS said:

Car cannibals stripping the cars for chop shops, repairs to damaged vehicles, etc, due to parts shortages. Last year the Yaris, Fiesta, Corsa and Clio were all likely candidates. 

This type of crime is increasing.

This isn't going to help:

Maersk says Red Sea disruption could cut Asia-Europe capacity by 20%

• Like 2
  • Sad 4

Very very rough and dodgy area of Birmingham that is, and probably about the worst place he could have left it - right at the end of a quiet road where it would be an easy target (marked red on the photo from Google maps) Right round the corner is a car breakers yard (pic shown) - I'll bet they had something to do with it, although it could never be proven. Always park somewhere safe.

Back in the 90s I used to drive into Birmingham regularly and park in the city centre - I had a my car stolen from a street similar to that where the doctor had his car stripped. The problem is that these crimes put up everyone's insurance premiums and the doctor will find his own insurance will rocket now this has happened to him.

Screenshot 2024-05-06 234904.jpg

Screenshot 2024-05-06 235004.jpg

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

An old wartime Vet, lifelong Villa Supporter, had his wallet, pension and season ticket stolen.  The Club stood by him and gave him a new ticket. 

Later, unloading his car from the shops, he returned for his second bag to find a t-leaf lifting it out of the boot before walking off.

While he remonstrated with the thief another took the bag he had taken  into his house.

His son said "that's it, you're not staying here any longer".

As an aside, he was on a destroyer when his flotilla leader was sunk.  His ship was involved in rescuing people in the water.

One man was unable to hold onto the rope ladder.  Ernie, then 17, had the presence of mind to fasten a bucket to the rope and rescued the man.  He was hauled on board, naked,  and covered in oil.   He was taken below decks.  Ernie's Petty Officer said "you made the mess, now clean it up."

50 years later, in one of those quirks,  at an Association meeting someone was relating Ernie's story to a new member "I was that man",said Gerald. 

• Like 3

In broad daylight too... 😧 Honestly I'm getting scared now. Our house was broken into but nothing was taken aside from various jars being open, assuming they were looking for car keys. Worried I'm a target. Got a steering wheel lock on as a deterrent but if they can just strip it down like this that's not going to matter.

• Like 3

Crime in the UK is on the increase, and the types of crime being committed are something we would not have expected only a few years ago.  But don’t be surprised at the way things are going.  The government, the police, the courts and many of the over-pious population have senselessly dismissed the fact that criminals are only controlled by ‘fear of consequence’.  I hate it when I hear a police officer call a delinquent “mate”.  Making the prisons “cushy” along with ridiculously lenient sentences, is simply encouraging the rabble to come back for more.

I can never understand the courts giving suspended sentences or to carry out unpaid work.  Neither can I understand coming from a poor background being mitigating circumstances.

The criminals are very lucky that I am not delegated to set out punishment - back would come the stocks, the birch, and capital punishment for unprovoked killing, and especially for killing a police officer.

And, if we really want to stay safe, the police must be given wider powers to protect themselves from malicious harm.

• Like 10

17 hours ago, SDR said:

Question for long time owners from a new one.   Is parts supply for Toyotas a particular problem (or no better/worse than other makes)?

My car is a Corolla so made in the UK but, in a world economy, I doubt that helps to any great extent.

No worse than anyone else, but anything coming from Asia (not that much) is affected by the middle east issues 

Hilux parts (certain parts only) appear to be hit by this 

Chop shops are big business, Toyota have not been big targets for this crime in the past, but with more vehicles now on the road, we are seeing some attacked. It can happen anywhere 

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Haliotis said:

Crime in the UK is on the increase, and the types of crime being committed are something we would not have expected only a few years ago.  But don’t be surprised at the way things are going.  The government, the police, the courts and many of the over-pious population have senselessly dismissed the fact that criminals are only controlled by ‘fear of consequence’.  I hate it when I hear a police officer call a delinquent “mate”.  Making the prisons “cushy” along with ridiculously lenient sentences, is simply encouraging the rabble to come back for more.

I can never understand the courts giving suspended sentences or to carry out unpaid work.  Neither can I understand coming from a poor background being mitigating circumstances.

The criminals are very lucky that I am not delegated to set out punishment - back would come the stocks, the birch, and capital punishment for unprovoked killing, and especially for killing a police officer.

And, if we really want to stay safe, the police must be given wider powers to protect themselves from malicious harm.

There's always someone who will say, "But what about their Human Rights?"

|As far as I am concerned, they lost this when they committed the crime. What about the Human Rights of their victims?

Rant Over!!

• Like 7

The CPS is so wet since Starmer got nighted for woking it, the few cops we’ve got won’t do anything but give him a crime number.  It’ll be left to the insurance and that means we’re all paying for it.  

• Like 6

6 hours ago, Haliotis said:

ridiculously lenient sentences, is simply encouraging the rabble to come back for more.

Lenient sentences have been around for years ..... and years. Back in the mid 80s, so we are talking nearly 40 years ago, I arrested a teenage burglar. Once I had done what I needed to do, my Inspector says that the lad would be given an official caution. My, (polite), reply was something on the lines of, "But he has already had 4 cautions Sir", to which the Inspector replied, "But not for a similar offence".  I argued against this, but the lad got a fifth caution! 😠. Even then, it was all about massaging figures. In the case mentioned, the figures would show a detected crime and, apart from my time, did not cost anything. Absolutely reeedikulus.

• Like 6

Also, when did it become a Police "Service"?? Whose brilliant woke idea was it to call it that?

Let's get back to calling it a Police Force and start using a bit when carrying out arrests!!:rifle:

• Like 9

1 hour ago, CPN said:

Also, when did it become a Police "Service"?? Whose brilliant woke idea was it to call it that?

Actually, the MPS has been just that for decades.    Back when woke was something you did some time after falling asleep 😐 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

“Woke” “Starmer” “birch…”

Good God🙄

Root cause analysis may actually turn out to be lack of funding and massive cuts in the education system, probation, prison service, police service, the court system, social services, drug education and youth services for the last 14 years. Yep, let’s not bother with preventative methods or even rehabilitation eh? Yes, let’s just hang everybody again eh? Marvellous country to live in…🤪

• Like 2

Crime has risen massively over the last 14 years indeed. One of the biggest causes has been the austerity drive and benefit sanctions which has left people destitute, and willing to commit whatever crime necessary to get money, usually for drugs. Cuts to just about every area of public services in the never ending drive for privatisation has left the country more like America now than I have ever known. Normally I dont like to come on forums like this and discuss politics as things often get heated, but car crime, thefts, burglary and vandalism has ballooned since the last Labour government left office in 2010.

People have one option - vote the current government out at the next general election, or continue the status quo. Labour is not the be all and end all either - look at the LTN's and anti car policies brought in by London's mayor, and a future Labour government is likely to be more anti car than the Tories. Either way, the life of the common or garden car owner is going to get more and more difficult and costly whatever government we have in, all as part of the net zero agenda. The powers that be will not be happy until we are all going everywhere on public transport or riding there on a bicycle.

• Like 4

The main problme is judges .MPs and high end Lawyers barristers 

DONT LIVE IN THE REAL WORLD  .

Judges think that every one has an armed copper  watching them MPs don't live in these housing estates. Barristers think never deal with drunks thugs In the street  only when in courts an there nice as pie so they get them off . Prisons are not been built  prisons are been run by brain dead lefty who again want to be friends with everyone if you kill some one you say your sorry they believe you ...again nice as pie here what they want to hear. 

Crimes  no face no case WTF you can have some one with same  clothes  build marks on there arms hands (tattoos) camara footage   but can't see your face   not me ok free to go WTF .

We can't put you in prison cos you have 10 kids . Even tho you glassed some one  suspended .

Can't lock you up cos we have ppl who don't pay there TV licance . 

In prison you have your own cell TV food  xbox own clothes  unlimited drugs .an must be called by  what ever you fancy that day . 

I can attack you but you can't attack me ill have you arrested. 

Police can't arrest you cos some fast track wants you to be nice offer some T an bicys 

can't arrest some scumbag on a bike incase falls and hurts himself. 

When the police do arrest charge onto court  judges let's them off suspended..why would the police bother.  why the police do so much car policing as easy .why waste hr and hrs paper work doing all the work then scum  walks free ..

Crime prisons police judges  are the main problme  police can't arrest as won't go to prison judges won't lock them up  all stems

back to crime judges police prisons do gooders.   

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

On 5/7/2024 at 4:01 PM, CPN said:

Let's get back to calling it a Police Force and start using a bit when carrying out arrests!!:rifle:

I seem to remember Ray Mallon sorting out war zone Middlesbrough 🤔

On 5/7/2024 at 5:24 PM, Neptuneblue said:

“Woke” “Starmer” “birch…”

Good God🙄

Root cause analysis may actually turn out to be lack of funding and massive cuts in the education system, probation, prison service, police service, the court system, social services, drug education and youth services for the last 14 years. Yep, let’s not bother with preventative methods or even rehabilitation eh? Yes, let’s just hang everybody again eh? Marvellous country to live in…🤪

You wouldn’t need to hang many before even the thickest of these lower life forms paid attention.  I got burgled not so long ago.  They took the wife’s jewellery (some of which were family heirlooms), all my cordless power tools and my top of the range CX-5.  The CID fella that came said that on the rare occasion that the woke law allowed a conviction, they got a warm bed away from the screaming newborn offenders, four square meals, a pool table and a play station, a lounge to sit and discuss improved methods of crime and when they were reluctantly evicted, they had to go back to it because the firm had been feeding the offender nest.  Of course it was all the working blokes fault for them not having a job and a conscience.  Where’s the rope?

• Like 6

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links