Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

How Much To Replace A Clutch

walfice

In a 1.4d4d? I am approaching 70,000 miles and have noticed a creaking sound when using the clutch. It changes gear ok and there is no slippage in the clutch, so is it wearing out or just a 'characteristic' of the car?

Could be many things... is it definitely from under the bonnet rather than the pedal ? Could be the clutch slave cylinder making the noise (that was a common fault on the Corolla TSport) sometimes "cured" with a litle WD40 (very naughty but it works) or it could be the actual release mechanism in the clutch.

I wouldn't say it was a sign of wear as such, it's a separate symptom. Get someone else to press the clutch while you have a listen... should make the same noise with the engine off.

Just got the clutch done on my Yaris.

Toyota quoted me £700

Indep garage averaged £520

I got it done for £390 by a travelling mechanic friend-of-a-friend :)

What do you hear? Is a press/release pedal click/trak noise? And the gears enter without problem?

If that's so, and your clutch pedal is not heavy, I think you don't need to change your clutch... the best is to check it with Toyota, tomorrow I'll go to a dealer cause I have the click/track noise and will talk about it, I'll tell you news later

Just came back from a dealer, and the responsible drove my car and told me everything is ok. After that they had a car just like mine, and he and me drove it too, and guess what - their car was even worse than mine!!!

You should speak to a dealer and ask them about this "issue", and if they tell you that it must be replaced ask them to see a car like yours of their service.

Hope this helps.

The noise is more like a creaking or squeaking noise which seems to come from the actual pedal (not sure if it can be hears from the engine bay). It does make the noise with the engine off too. Does something need lubricating? Whereabouts could I spray some WD40?

Mine goes like this:

- When off, makes only a click noise when pressing, and a little click also when releasing

- When on, makes click when pressing, and a crack! when releasing.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links