Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

T180 Sunroof Issues

lazer_mjj

Evening people, I was wondering if anyone else has had any issues with their sunroof?

The problem started a couple weeks ago when the cold weather started. I tilted the sunroof which has started to catch on the roof outter skin, tried the slide option and it did the same. Over the next few days it slowly got worse so took it to the local dealer, they had the car for a couple hours and blamed it on a dry weather seal, they lubed it up which did the trick butonly for a day or so. Form here on the tilt feature still caught on the roof line and the slide feature stopped working completely. I gave the dealer where I got the car from a call who booked it in and had it for 3 days. They have replaced the weather strips and the mechanism under warrenty but its started doing it again.

Any ideas?

Personally i treat the rubber seals around the sun roof with auto glym bumpercare to help with weather protection and i keep the rubber clean.

The only problem that i have had with the roof is that the 2 rubber strip part that fits either side of the opening mechanism came loose and was catching when you slide it. I detached both stips (which looks like a long black strip with fanned/folded rubber) and refitted them properly, they have been secure and no problem since.

Hppe you sort this out as if this starts to leak, in this weather it will be a major problem for you.

Seem to have fixed the problem, it looks like the first Toyota garage put the wrong type of grease on the weather strip. The grease was acting like a glue so making everything stick. A bit of degreaser and some proper silicon lube has it working as it should. Not sure where some mechanics get their training

• 3 months later...

KICKSTART this thread again.

Does anyone have buffeting noise issues with their sunroof (SR180)

I've found that mine, as I'm sure they all do, slide open in two stages. At the first point it stops I can drive upto about 40 mph without buffeting noise, then it kicks in.

If I open it fully (slid all the way back) buffeting doesn't occur unless I drop below 40 mph!

I think this is because the little wind deflector doesn't have much use at low speed on a fully opened sunroof, but it's annoying as hell! :angry:

Any ideas , quick fixes? :help:

Open rear windows about an inch or two. Should stop majority of wind noise at most speeds.

I would have said mine is the other way round, I only slide mine back to the first position otherwise the wind noise gets silly

Open rear windows about an inch or two. Should stop majority of wind noise at most speeds.

I would have said mine is the other way round, I only slide mine back to the first position otherwise the wind noise gets silly

Cheers guys. A bit odd this, I think I'll call Mr T. Give me an excuse to moan at a differant garage. I'll post findings.

Dave.

ADDITIONAL

called RRG, Altrincham. Going for a test :driving: with a technician :hug: tomorrow afternoon. Any guesses as to what's going to happen :icon14::argue: or RAIN! :spiteful: LOL

Doubt there is anything that can be done about it. By opening the rear windows an inch it just lets out the extra pressure from where the air is forced into the car via the roof. The only way Ive managed to stop the noise is by:

1. Only using the slide function to the first stop point

2. Slide roof back fully and open each rear window an inch or two

3. Have everything open fully

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links