Sign in to follow this  
denis leic

Ring Daytime Running Lights

denis leic hi,has any one fitted daytime running lights to prius gen3 if so where did you get the perment live from

Wouldn't that be counter productive on a Prius as it would drain your Battery whilst you sat in a traffic queue on a sunny day

If they're led's they would use an extremely small amount of power - much much less than the pumps that are running on the coolant system for the engine and inverter. Even reduced brightness full beam drl's hardly use any power in the scheme of things. I have a sat nav, taxi meter, two way radio and a despatch computer running all the time and I can't make out any difference between mpg's etc between when I have them on whilst working and when I don't on my days off.

The biggest power drain (other than moving the car) is the a/c compressor when running at full welly draws 4kw and makes a real hum. Under normal UK weather conditions though, it hardly draws much.